• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android Search for words within files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Is there an app *that you know* works because you actually used it (I searched the web for half an hour, couldn't find a modern working Android app) that would simply allow you to search for a single word inside files.

aGrep off f-droid seems to work. I used mixplorer to create a txt file only. It's from jan of last year.

So there is no application on all of Google Play that can simply find a word inside text files? I immediately think 'so no one in the entire world wants to search for a word on their phone?' Because what else explains that here's no app that can simply look up a word in a text file, I mean processing power is there, what could possbily be the reason for it other than pretty much no one in the world ever wanting to look up a word in their files... :)

Do you have a link to the .apk installation file for this program?

All I can think of c6 is that you need to become an app developer. From there you will find out if your ideas are more than just niche ideas or if your audience is more along the lines of:

SybNur7.gif

I have ideas brother.
Ideas for an alarm app, ideas for this...
If I could find someone who knows brute programming, we could prosper together.

Alarm app had an excellent entry point because Google introduced a limitation that wiped out the functionality of most old alarm apps, so LOTS of people were looking for a new alarm app, if I knew how to program an Android app, I would have been on Google Play with it, I bet you it would have had more installs than half of what's on there now...

Question: How difficult is it to port a Windows program you create to the Android platform?

Back