• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WILL IT FIT - HP Proliant ML350 G6 Motherboard Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisgtfo

Hi there. Im looking to see what sort of case my motherboard will fit into. Here is the ebay purchase, it has a photo and deails - CLICK

Im just getting a few old bits and pieces and making a FreeNas/Plex server with 2xIntel Xeon X5570 (9566 passmark score) which for the price of buying is pretty good.

Summary:
HP 609019-001
461317-002
LGA 1366
2-CPU SYSTEM BOARD

The board size itself is pretty big. id say 12inch X 15inch.

Was looking to see if i could fit it in a
Thermaltake Suppressor F51 E-ATX Mid-Tower Chassis

If not. Maybe some suggestions of a case it'd fit in.

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, I join the question - I've bought a ml350 g6 motherboard but I don't know in which chassis it will fit. It seems as it has some irregular form factor, not atx nor eatx.
Please inform me if you already got something appropriate. The thermaltake f51 seems very big, if you bought this case and found it matching the board please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
The board will not fit because it does not have the correct mounting points. Server boards are almost always custom made for that specific chassis, and will not fit in anything else. Without something custom, no case will fit it.

EDIT: It also seems to have non-standard power connectors, so you'd have to make custom cables for it. Not worth the effort.

If your up for doing some modifying, like drill & tap some new mounting holes in that case and removing HDD bays and 5.25 CD/DVD bays, it will fit then.
I did this with 2 SuperMicro Quad socket server boards in to a HAF 932 case (see my build post My-4P-build in Folding :)

Back