• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6700k or 6800k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No difference ? Really ? I went from a FX-8370 4.7ghz to a 6700k 4.7ghz and my games nearly doubled fps, programs like video coding are MUCH faster and I noticed a definite speed bump in overall Windows. Unless you're using the computer only for web browsing (or are GPU locked) you should have noticed around 25%-35% extra performance ?

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2500K/3503vs619

When I was testing [email protected] and [email protected] APU then both were in some games as fast as stock i3 [email protected]. It's obvious that after moving from AMD to Intel you see performance difference but going from 6600K to 6700K or 6800K you will barely see it. At least I passed 6600K, 6700K and 5820K in my gaming PC and I see no difference. There is visible difference in some games between i3 and i5 but not between i5 and i7. Actually now I play on 3770K which was collecting dust for some time and I also see no difference in games between it and Skylake i5/i7. What matters is to have ~4.2GHz+ and Intel quad core CPU. Everything else depends mainly from graphics cards. Also SSD helps more than moving from 4 to 6 cores. I mean any SSD, it doesn't matter if you get average series or the fastest pcie model.

Back