• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy Crap, 20 core 40 thread E5 2698 v4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First post is epic post.... :D

Welcome to OFC.

:welcome:
He he he. I've been lurking a while, just registered to pick brains but realised I was commenting on a dual xeon build video rather than the one above. Oops. Thank you for welcoming me :)

Off over to ask about best dual Xeon boards for 2x E5 26xx v4 , video, audio and rendering. Was thinking Asus Z10PE D8 WS but not sure on RAM requirements as site lists very few are recommended/tested and certified with this board.

I was thinking:
2x E5 2630 v4 ES/QS retail stepping
64 to 128 GB Corsair Dominator kits (2 x 32/64GB quad channel 8 DIMM sockets fully populated).

Got the idea from Level1Techs on YouTube as he had some Dominator memory installed there but also mentioned he couldn't get it to POST on non ECC DIMM.

Any thoughts? Searched for this specific issue but come up with nothing on here.

Start a thread in the General hardware section. Make sure you mention your budget and expectations.

I personally don't have much (read none) experience with xeon CPUs and dual socket boards.

Start a thread in the General hardware section. Make sure you mention your budget and expectations.

I personally don't have much (read none) experience with xeon CPUs and dual socket boards.
Sure. I'll do that right away. Time to get active here. Thanks again [emoji1]

Back