• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running a website using Vaadin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

I am evaluating changing our main site from GWT to Vaadin. The simple "Hello World" app in Vaadin is butt slow. Like 1,000 times or more slower then a very complicated app written in GWT.

I am trying to determine if there are setup parameters that I screwed up, or to confirm if Vaadin is just slow as hell. I know that another technology that is quite popular is extremely slow (industry standard was to use 100 times the servers to host that technology, which for me on a single server was sort of a no go).

Any one with any experience running it? Curious even for feedback on what people run, and on what hardware, and with what basic performance "fast, slow, medium", not specific performance measures.

Thanks!

DB

I'm guessing your "hello world" app is running in a container with default configuration and starting up every time you run it. Of course the results are going to be skewed.

Back