• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RFID blocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use one of these.

Ridge.jpg

They claim RFID on the site now. They did not when I bought it because it was not a selling feature like it is now.
I carry it in my front pocket and it is great. If I were to buy again I would not get the money clip and just go with the elastic band.

The titanium model looks pretty sweet too.

Wait for them to go on sale at Massdrop if you want one. It is fairly regular there and goes for 35 bucks. (usually)

That's seriously engineered and an interesting alternative to soft materials.
Rfid proof... Probably EMP proof :clap:

I thought for a minute maybe you like a beer after a controlled explosion :D

There's an easier solution if you don't actually use the RFID functionality:

Pop it in the microwave for two seconds. Or one second if your nukebox spools up faster than mine.
The chip will go POP, and it won't RFID anymore!
The magnetic stripe will probably live, but it might not, your mileage may vary, void where prohibited by law.
Alternatively take a gnarly LED light and find where the antenna trace goes and punch a hole in it. No more RFID. Or put an icepick through the chip itself, or just bash it with a hammer. (Again use an LED to find the chip) Those methods are less likely to trash the magstripe.

Do please note that doing any of the above with a US passport is illegal. So don't do that.

Back