• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pop ups on pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

Ok so I have some type of virus but I cant get rid of it. its sexmessenger.com pop up on my pc through internet explore. yes I know how to watch my explicit content its not from that I assure you. I dont know where it came from. I also do not use internet explore at all. The pop up usually happens one time a day at very random times. But I stream on twitch so it has to go!!!!!

Ive tried
spybot
Microsoft malware
Microsoft security essentials
adware

Everything comes up with a big fat zero.

What is going on!?!?!?!?!?!

Backup any files you want, wipe the drive, start fresh. Some of those embed themselves deep into random folders, you could spend a ton of time searching/deleting things and still not get rid of it. Fresh install of Windows only takes a few minutes.

Just got done doing a fresh install, no way im doing again need different solutions....

If it's only IE and you don't use IE, can you just remove it all together to prevent it from opening?

If running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode doesn't take care of it you need to do a clean install.

combofix as a last resort, after you do backups.

A virus is like a trogon horse it keeps letting Malware in, a clean install will be your only satisfaction.:)

Make an image of your clean install for later. It is a lot faster to reload an image than do a full 're-install.

My 2 cents.

Stay off the naughty sites. Go to a bar or a night club or even the library and find something that's real alive and breathing.

^^^library is a pick up joint :shock: and to think all these years I just went in their because the toilets were cleaner 😁

Anyway I looked up other people having the same redirector issues and running this bunch of programmes in safe mode gave success.

Rkill
Shortut cleaner
JWT - Junkware Removal Tool
Adwcleaner

I'd remove IE first so you can purge it's cache and elements.

Have fun :)

i think you should probably pull out your hard drive and smash it with a sledge hammer and go buy a new one, alot less of a risk than reformatting / reinstalling windows.

Use Autoruns from sysinternals to view every startup item which you can either disable or delete, and Process Hacker to see all running processes which can generally be terminated. Once you can nail down the offending file, it's just a matter of deleting it completely. Generally speaking, it boils down to actually seeing something that doesn't look right somewhere on your system and nuking it.

^ This. My first computer had XP (2005) and I broke it more times than I could ever count. Pop ups today have nothing on the Golden Age of unwanted message windows. LOL. I didn't know about all the neat utilities to kill things so I went through every file and folder looking for bad stuff. After a while you start to recognize things that are new. CCleaner also has a tab for finding things that load on start up. Getting familiar with what is supposed to be there is a good idea, though.

Back