• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You'll soon be able to buy Microsoft's games on Steam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The title is a bit misleading. I watched that interview live.

You currently have some MS published games on steam, just not any AAA titles at this point. I don't recall him saying that it will happen, just that discussions have happened. I'm betting they are working on a way to use thr windows store launcher from steam, just like how origin and uplay games work.

To answer your question, not many... yet. In the upcoming years Microsoft stated during their e3 press conference that pretty much all of their first party games will be coming to both Windows 10 and xbox.

I've only ever bought two MS games: Halo and their version of a Mechwarrior game. I didn't even know MS did PC games at all anymore.

For an OT question, how do XBone users get the Left 4 Dead series? Through MS? Or Steam?

I don't understand your question. Xbox One users can play left 4 dead games if they are part of the backwards compatibility list to play on xbox one (being made backwards compatible from the 360).

I'm confused, haven't MS games been sold there anyway ? remember seeing Civilization for a while now.

I don't understand your question. Xbox One users can play left 4 dead games if they are part of the backwards compatibility list to play on xbox one (being made backwards compatible from the 360).

OK, but how did/do the Xbox 360 users get Left 4 Dead 2? I'm guessing they can get the game without having steam? Do they get multiplayer for Left 4 Dead 2 thru Xbox Live?

OK, but how did/do the Xbox 360 users get Left 4 Dead 2? I'm guessing they can get the game without having steam? Do they get multiplayer for Left 4 Dead 2 thru Xbox Live?

Yes. You don't need steam to play a game on the xbox. You connect to others through xbox live just like every other multiplayer game.

I'm confused, haven't MS games been sold there anyway ? remember seeing Civilization for a while now.

They have been, just not many new AAA first party titles.

Also, I don't think Civ is a Microsoft published game, it's done by 2k and firaxis as far as I know

They have been, just not many new AAA first party titles.

Also, I don't think Civ is a Microsoft published game, it's done by 2k and firaxis as far as I know

Changed again ? last one i played was Microprose (which as far as i remember was bought by MS (?)). Heh have to try the last one see if it's any good :clap:

Last edited:
Back