• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R 3.0!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dang, now I have to buy another sabertooth board..................
I hope they don't update the chvf-z.

It is a good looking board, with blingy lighting and a built in VRM fan.
Unfortunately, they won't sell many due to dead socket, near Zen release, and of course the price for a dead platform. They missed the boat on this release.

it will look jazzy with the bling lights, I might have to get one and replace the chvf-z that I have retired to my storage box, that might look good in the Tt core P5.
If I keep buying this amd stuff just because it looks better I'm going to be buying gold chains for bling next!!!!!

I pitty da fool!!!!!

let's see, I have 5 riing, rgb fans, get the rgb motherboard, some gold chains..... some how that fills me with the urge to buy a van and a couple rolls of shag carpet!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty board, and seems to have a nice feature set to it.

Well, sorry to say, but I don't see the point of launching a high end bling board for a dying socket... Only way I would buy one of those would be my current Sabertooth dying and being out of RMA (which is unlikely as the Sabertooth have a 5 years warranty).

Well, except for C_D, but he is a cat's lover! :rofl:

I believe only the Intel versions had the armor - It's possible the version 1 had it ( I can't recall ATM ) but all else afterwards certainly doesn't have it.
I'd like to get one of these but may have to pass, not a huge deal anyway because I'm more or less set with what I have here now.

I have owned all the saberpuss versions of 990fx chipset and none have the cheesy armor.

This is a sweet looking board.
If it's priced well I'll be considering it once newegg stocks it.

This is a sweet looking board.
If it's priced well I'll be considering it once newegg stocks it.

Not sure why silver. Might as well wait and save for Zen with your current gear. Is your kitty giving you problems?

If Zen is a total flop (I doubt it will perform worse than 'dozer), then 990FX boards should be cheaper then ;)

Back