• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What am I doing wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dieselcalves

So my old xspc pump/reservoir combo died so I decided to replace it. I went with a Alphacool Eisfach - Single Laing DDC - Dual 5,25 Bay Station. I disconnected the old xspc and literally hooked everything on the alphacool immediately after, filled it up and started it up.

No water flow however. I can hear the unit and it vibrates like it is on, but no water is being pushed. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

try shaking the rig around a little, tilt it this way and that, you might have a little air caught in a place it shouldn't be.

I did what you asked, shook the rig back and forth left and right and the pump is definitely working now. Before it was almost inaudible but now there is a definite "swooshing" when the rig is turned on. However, it still is not pushing water through the cooling loop.

Any thoughts?

I did what you asked, shook the rig back and forth left and right and the pump is definitely working now. Before it was almost inaudible but now there is a definite "swooshing" when the rig is turned on. However, it still is not pushing water through the cooling loop.

Any thoughts?

If it's not too difficult to take out, run the pump outside the loop to see if it's pushing water (just dont run it dry). You might have a blockage somewhere in the loop, which may be why the last one died.

Thanks for the replies.i have minimal experience in water cooling so your help is greatly appreciated.

Caddi daddi the res is pretty full so I don't think that is the issue. I really shook it a lot too.

Jeff G it is a pump/res combo so I am unsure if I can remove the ddc pump and use it. Again, I don't have much experience dealing with pumps.

Interestingly I decided to pour some water into my old pump and hook it up to the molex, after a few seconds it kicked on. I am wondering if there is blockage somewhere else in the loop.

I have a res/pump combo too.
If you don't have a drain, this could get a little messy. Unhook power from the system, pull the outlet hose from whatever its going to (hold it up high so it doesnt leak). When you power the pump, water should shoot of of that hose (get a bucket or something) and you'll know if the pump is working. If you have a drain, drain the water before pulling the hose then refill the res after you have the outlet hose going to a bucket.
Have paper towel ready and make sure no power is going to anything other than the pump.

Don't start the whole system up when you do some changes to the loop. You should run a leak test, doesn't have to be a super long one depending on what was changed.

With that said, did you check and cleaned out the new H20 components prior? Could have debris stuck or a big bubble that won't budge. Could be your BIOS settings are set too low for the pump.

Give us more info on your PC and your loop so we can get the big picture and a image or two of your setup and res/pump combo would be great along with the exact res/pump combo purchased.

what is said in post 5 is to pull the pump/res combo and run a tube from the outlet to the inlet, fill it up and turn it on.

Got it fixed!

I did like you said and tested the pump and it was working. So I out it back into the loop and literally had to turn my entire system almost upside down to get what I am assuming was the air bubble out and it kicked on.

Thanks for the help!

Back