• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120 radiator shorter than 155mm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psrb191921

Registered
I've got xspc ex120 radiator which has 155mm overall length, and I can almost fit it, but in that case my gpu is slightly angled (I'm building a loop in cooltek umx3, which is a very small matx case). So I need 120 radiator which is something like 1mm shorter. All specs I can find mention the radiator length itself, not an overall length :\ Can anybody help me? Thanks

I've got xspc ex120 radiator which has 155mm overall length, and I can almost fit it, but in that case my gpu is slightly angled (I'm building a loop in cooltek umx3, which is a very small matx case). So I need 120 radiator which is something like 1mm shorter. All specs I can find mention the radiator length itself, not an overall length :\ Can anybody help me? Thanks

I've done some searching here and there and as it turns out the XPSC rads are the shortest rads you can find at the 120mm line. EKs are 159mm tall +-1, alphacools and Black Ice are 157. That said, your case has enough room for a 120mm rad. Where are you mounting it?

The umx3 case has mount for 120 fan, the rad almost fits here ok, just need 1mm to make it fit with sli 1080 in xspc waterblocks+backplates
Probably cooltek didn't think someone is going to build watercooled sli in such a small case

The umx3 case has mount for 120 fan, the rad almost fits here ok, just need 1mm to make it fit with sli 1080 in xspc waterblocks+backplates
Probably cooltek didn't think someone is going to build watercooled sli in such a small case

Do you mount it on the front of the case? Is it convenient to post a picture of everything mounted? That way we can take a better look of the problem and give u a solution

Looking at that case, can you fit it ontop instead of the back? Not too many options with a case that small and limited 120 ports.

Can you host the pictures locally, please?
Some of us can't see 3rd party image hosts and later you end up with broken image links.

Sure, sry. So here's the problem:

As ATM said, post the pics locally even though I can see the pics. I would personally remove the backplate on the top card and leave it as it is with the block, if possible ofc. Backplates are mostly used for aesthetics so you won't lose any performance.

You're going to cool both 1080's in sli, the ram and the cpu with 2x 120mm rads? First off not enough raddage for all that. 2nd not enough airflow with just 2x 120mm fans.

I would try what Itachiii suggested by removing the top card's backplate to see if that will give you enough clearance.

Honestly if it was me I would get a larger case to add better raddage/airflow.

Just a question: Did you read any of the guides here and here to know how much rad space you'll need to cool your pc properly?

Yeah, you're right... End up I've ordered umx4 atx case. Just tired to fit everything into umx3... but it was so beautifull... tiny... shiny case \o/

lol, yeah tiny case. If you wanted to build a matx, you would probably get away with an 120mm AIO just for the cpu.

Another thing to note: Watercooling the ram is a waste. Unless you're going for the bling factor, ram doesn't even get warm, let alone hot enough for it to be watercooled.

Good luck with the new case. Keep us posted! ;)

Waiting for the new case, meanwhile built everything in the old one, i'll post imgs later, but the temps are around 27c everywhere on idle (no oc, 24c room temp)... Not that bad, may be one more radiator to the bottom of the case will help to keep it low

37-40 under load
And yes, ram watercool is just for bling :)
Thats just my first loop, so...

Back