• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Gigabyte Z170X Designare Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

GIGABYTE has released a new motherboard based on the LGA 1151 platform as a little brother to the recently reviewed X99 Designare EX. This newest board is the Z170X Designare. Much like its big brother this board features extensive RGB LED control, a VRM which is more than adequate, and much more. Get comfortable, we're in for the long haul on this one!

Click here to view the article.

Nice write up, just a question, what is HDMI level shifter ?

Nice write up, just a question, what is HDMI level shifter ?

To really simplify what happens it takes either an AC or DC input signal and converts it to a DC output signal which meets HDMI spec requirements.

Nice review, Austin.

I wonder why Quadro support is a listed feature by Gigabyte. Can you not just plug one into any motherboard and have it work?

Nice review, Austin.

I wonder why Quadro support is a listed feature by Gigabyte. Can you not just plug one into any motherboard and have it work?

Thanks!

Gigabyte isn't the only manufacturer I have seen specify Quadro support, actually.
I don't have much experience building custom machines with the workstation level cards, but I have heard tell of motherboard compatibility issues at times.

Motherboard manufacturers also list RAM compatibility which is also largely hogwash. Get the base specs right (DDR4/3/2 etc, max amount allowed, ECC/non...) and you're pretty much good.

Motherboard manufacturers also list RAM compatibility which is also largely hogwash. Get the base specs right (DDR4/3/2 etc, max amount allowed, ECC/non...) and you're pretty much good.

For Intel anyway, for AMD that appears to be another story based on the amount of times I've seen people have to replace their Kingston memory in the AMD section.

Back