• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dying psu or too much wattage? Be Quiet Power Zone 750W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Hi lads,

I have this PSU for 2/3 years, serves me pretty well, but I am wondering if it's not dying.

http://www.hitechlegion.com/power-s...t-power-zone-750w-psu-review?showall=&start=3

When running Real Bench, with the GPU and CPU overclocked (see sig), the PC sometimes reboot. Not always, once in a while.

I believe RealBench runs both CPU and GPU@full load at some point (I happened to have the GPU crashing with some test...).

Quick calculation and some "googling" and I end up with a total TDP for CPU+GPU around 220W+380w. That's 600W. Add a few fans, pump, DDR and MoBo.

But still, with 12V*62A, I should have some room. Unless the CPU and/or GPU use(s) more power than I think.

Or it's dying, lol!

a 750w psu should run about any single card rig anyway you clock it, try cleaning out the video drivers and reinstall.

Just did: DDU and the whole shebang, 347.52 and 368.39. Same thing.

Pfff... Should have taken this Corsair ax1200i and 780ti combo for 350euros... Now the card is gone...

That system isn't breaking 550W like that while running furmark and p95 at the same time bud. Unless the psu is going bad (test with another one) I'd look elsewhere.

^Yep, that is what I think as well, was counting on 600W max, with fans, pump... Have a spare Cx600. Not the best, but it will give me the answer.

Thanks guys.

Did you BIOS mod the 780Ti? You may not be hitting that much if you didn't raise the power limit. ;)

Did you BIOS mod the 780Ti? You may not be hitting that much if you didn't raise the power limit. ;)

Yes, I modded the original BIOS to 100%/300W - 150%/450W.

@C-D: Yes, will do that on Friday and let you know the outcome, after having changed the front left suspension arm of my GF 2001 1.2l Fiat Punto, if I survive it, lol!

Back