• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandy->Ivy->Haswell->Broadwell->Skylake IPC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Last edited:
Some results are weird but in general looks pretty accurate considering that each new generation is 5-15% faster. Only Ivy looks somehow weak comparing to others.

For the gaming results, was that iGPU or otherwise? If so, that could account for Broadwell performance (assuming crystal well).

For what it's worth, if I were to do a similar peak FPU comparison (small FFT Prime 95, not ram limited) it would be:
Sandy Bridge: 100
Haswell: 150
Broadwell: 141
Skylake: 171

I never explained the Broadwell drop relative to Haswell in this, but it is interesting to see that happening in some cases in the linked chart also.

Yes. The guys from this site are quite good.

I don't think there is any flaw in their method after having read the whole article.

Ananad also did something similar upon release of Skylake. ;)

Thanks for the new link to more!!!

EDIT: one thing to note on the game tests is that they are, at least in Crysis and Arma, not using any AA. That could yield slightly different results then when run with AA which leans on the GPU. The res is 1080p and that is better than some site who go even lower just to show a difference. I would have liked to have seen this with AA/more real world on the games and see how much difference that would have made. 1080 is really becoming a CPU limited res these days with high end cards.

Back