• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia to pay out for class action for 970 vram fiasco

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I assume only in US ;) ... I sold my 970 long time ago but friend still has one.

Just made a thread, mods feel free to delete that one.

We have been informed about a class action lawsuit settlement with NVIDIA regarding the GTX 960 graphics card. Newegg is currently awaiting details about the settlement claims process (instructions, website). Once we have this important information, we will send you a follow-up email with the specifics on how you can submit your claim.

I guess 960's are in too?

There were no issues with GTX960 so I'm not sure what is it all about. Even regarding GTX970 most users wouldn't see any issues and most of those complaining wouldn't see any difference ... but someone saw problems in single titles at high memory usage so automatically it has to affect 100% GTX970 users.

There were no issues with GTX960 so I'm not sure what is it all about. Even regarding GTX970 most users wouldn't see any issues and most of those complaining wouldn't see any difference ... but someone saw problems in single titles at high memory usage so automatically it has to affect 100% GTX970 users.

It isnt if anyone saw or was effected by anything, it's just legal mumbojumbo about misrepresentation.

I got 4 free RedBull because they said they gave you wings which was blatantly untrue.

I'm sure nobody got the sack because they slung back a can and waited for wings to appear to fly them to work?

oh gee, its convenient i bought about 10 970's >.> lol

I don't know if I should be ecstatic that my 970 could potentially be a $210 buy when all is said and done or sad that it doesn't live up to its specifications.

Not a darn thing has changed since you bought the card. Take your $30 and take yourself out to a nice dinner. :)

They were sued for false adverting, they just settled for $30.00 payback since not all 4GB ran at the advertised speed, 500MB ran slower with the gimped memory controller. Thank the USA court system for keeping the companies on the strait and narrow.:)

Last edited:
They were sued for false adverting, they just settled for $30.00 payback since not all 4GB ran at the advertised speed, 500MB ran slower with the gimped memory controller. Thank the USA court system for keeping the companies on the strait and narrow.:)
And the lawyers rich. :)

I saw on the list my R9 390 was also included. Got an email from the egg about it, then the next day got another email retracting it :shrug:

does anyone know where to sign up for this $30 rebate?

Honestly, I can see a firm "Don't do that" directed at Team Green, but this is just going to raise card prices in the future for a tempest in a teapot, IMO. How many people were actually harmed $30 worth?

Honestly, I can see a firm "Don't do that" directed at Team Green, but this is just going to raise card prices in the future for a tempest in a teapot, IMO. How many people were actually harmed $30 worth?

I never believed Red Bull was going to give me wings but I signed on to the class action suit and got 4 free cans in the mail a few years later. :p

Back