• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need more then 1TB of storage? got $10k sitting around for 15tb ssd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or just buy 15 1TB drive for less and merge them all together as one extended partition.

Or just buy 15 1TB drive for less and merge them all together as one extended partition.

"Why is intel making 20 cores cpus? Just toss some quad cores together." Lot of applications where a single large drive is better than many small drives. Plus it's following standard hardware trends, it's new so it costs more.

And have it still be MUCH slower...which is the point of such a device, to be fast in enterprise. And.. where you going to put 15 drives?

I'm sure I could figure out how to cram 15 drives in my case, now plugging the in is another story lol

another thing i missed, as these drives mature and the market moves on a bit. we could possibly see these with SATA-E connectors, the controller would need some work to get the writes up to near the m.2/u.2(1.2GBs+ area) but im sure its possible. i thought games would load a bit faster on the intel 750 i picked up but looks like its wasting its full potential with me. i might move to a sata drive, i'm in a tough spot atm.

another thing i missed, as these drives mature and the market moves on a bit. we could possibly see these with SATA-E connectors, the controller would need some work to get the writes up to near the m.2/u.2(1.2GBs+ area) but im sure its possible. i thought games would load a bit faster on the intel 750 i picked up but looks like its wasting its full potential with me. i might move to a sata drive, i'm in a tough spot atm.
again with maturation of ssd? It really is a mature tech already. See explanation in that other thread.

Drives this large are bound to have more prolblems be it nand manufacturing for such large size or this being a new controller. Everytime they push size limits it kind of feels like a new generation of drive there is always a bit of maturing each gen go through. Its not the same to compare this to say a 240gig/256gb drive since we have had that size for how long. They pretty much have things buttoned up in that size department to get the most reliable and best performance from that setup. Thats all im referencing here.

Back