• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Total beginner looking for help taking first OC steps for AMD FX4300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thought the standard was 9-9-9....?

A decent set of sticks would run

Frequency 780 MHz - Ratio 3:10
Timings 8-8-8-24-32
233 bus clocks

At least my archived 4300 was doing that with a set of patriot viper extremes.

I'm quite appreciative of every ones patience. I've learned alot so far. way more comfortable, despite what i'm sure to you guys is a pretty slow pace :)

Overclocking the right way is never fast per say. I'm sure they guys here are more than happy to share their knowledge as you seem willing to learn and try what they suggest. Some people come in here and ask for help then won't try anything these guys say.

yes did the timing from spd tab (using 2t command rate) and set cpu/nb speed to auto, set dram voltage to 1.5(from auto). and then set memory frequency to 1866 and she booted up

then i posed this last night, readout from cpuz:

"Dram Frequency on cpuz Memory tab now reads 936.5 (some times it flashes down to like 926 then back to ~936). also FSB:dram changed to 3:14, it was 1:4 before."

do i do any testing or the fact that its booted up and cpuz shows ~933 is enough of a test that ram is at 1866 ?

nothing on that front any more.
we want to raise the cpu ratio .5 and rerun p95 for 30 minutes.

so simply turn up ratio from 19 to 19.5? run p95 for 30 min?

do i need to log anything or just keep an eye on temps and let you know if it makes it and if any errors on p95 test? or do you want screenshots after

open your monitor and fire it up.
please give us a screenshot of hardware monitor at the end.

alright 36 min tested 0 errors 0 warnings on each window. temps were either same as last time if not slightly better. hwmonitor says max hit was 51c while overdrive again was right around 29c-30c thermal margin which would be closer to 40c (if i understand it correctly)

upped it to 20, 37 min on p95 test, 0 errors 0 warrnings, maybe got a degree hotter, hw monitor still showed 51 c, overdrive showed min thermal margin at 27.5

lol despite getting a minor concussion over the weekend i'm starting to sense a pattern ;).

just so i know, what are we looking for to happen? a boost in temp or a error or warning on the p95 or something else?

any of those.
fx4300 temp line to exceed 55c
failed worker in p95
cpu temp line to exceed 70c.

What's difference between CPU temp line and fx4300 temp line is one the 'package' temp from hwmonitor?

10 min in to prime test and it might have dipped a degree or two hotter on overdrive thermal margin.

"cpu" temp is the vrm temp, the section of the board supplying the power to the cpu and other stuff, I think your auto shutdown temp is 70.

the package temp is the temp of the cpu cores, on the cpu die.

Back