• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just joking bud!
Sure the 1080 is a strong card (very strong ), but a little 1070 is not as strong, and the OP will have to do some sacrifice on IQ to run 60 fps/4k.

TBH, 1 1080 would suit me for 4k. If you have a spare one, I will unload your burden for free with pleasure !
Well aware he has a 1070...never said it was close to good enough. My post mentioning a single 1080 was off yours saying 2 1070s or 2 1080s were needed. Oy.

Why no one actually focused on the main questions? this is in Cooling section, and if you telling me "couple" 1080s MIGHT be enough for 4k then u better go buy a xbox 360.
if my loop be Pump>360mm radiator>oc cpu>oc gpu>back to pump is ok? or i better add another 240 radiator. i kno its always good to have more but i rather go with single 360mm if thats enough
:rofl:

360 = 3x120mm radiator. We are all helping you. :)

Seems like yall making it fun in here lol
I am not too worry about 4k in 60fps. im fine with mid 40s fps. that's y im saving almost 300 bucks by not going with 1080 ( even tho watch me do it at the last minutes lol )

A good quality (like fat alphacool) 360mm radiator is enough to cool off both overclocked GPU and CPU? Is it safe to direct the loop from CPU directly to GPU ( its not going to be hot enough)?
i kno its better to have 2 radiators but i prefer not to spend extra except if i have to.

Don't ypou think it would be better to go 1440p instead of 4k? Fluidity is what gives you the most enjoyabl eexperience. Look at the 30fps console games, heck, strobe light! ;)

We almost always have fun in here. :) A fat Alphacool 360 should handle your needs. I feel your pain on which card. I'm trying not to buy a 1080. LOL

sometimes u just gotta say fkkk it and buy the one you want lol

how is the rx480? have you tried it for VR like oculus rift dk2?

I'm going to wait around for the presumed 1080Ti.

I have so far. That's how I ended up with the rig in my sig this month. It's turning in to an addiction, though!

Wait till you catch the custom watercooling bug. :D Your wallet hasn't seen nothing yet. :rofl:

I would also stick with a bigger SSD here. They are so cheap these days that it's a no brainer to grab at least 512 GB.

I can also confirm that for 'lighter' games (BF4/Doom) 4K at ultra with everything completely maxed out (8x AA, etc.) 60+fps is no problem at all. Obviously different story for the newer stuff like Ashes.

Seems like yall making it fun in here lol
I am not too worry about 4k in 60fps. im fine with mid 40s fps. that's y im saving almost 300 bucks by not going with 1080 ( even tho watch me do it at the last minutes lol )

A good quality (like fat alphacool) 360mm radiator is enough to cool off both overclocked GPU and CPU? Is it safe to direct the loop from CPU directly to GPU ( its not going to be hot enough)?
i kno its better to have 2 radiators but i prefer not to spend extra except if i have to.

please any1? :confused::confused::confused:

I didn't answer that already in post #3?
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...for-my-build?p=7950290&viewfull=1#post7950290

A properly flowing and radded loop, the loop order does not matter. Temps vary very little from point to point. You just want to make sure the res is before the pump. It will be enough, but if it was me, I would do two rads for better results.

Don't get a 1070 for 4K...really. A 1080 can get by. A 1070 you will have to turn settings down, etc. If you are going to go 4K, get a proper card for it is my suggestion. I would even forego water to get the better card honestly.

I would go with a thinner 360 and 240 rad vs buying one thick 360. Yes the thick 360 can handle the load and Yes two rads are more expensive than 1 (but not by much). The benefit is you will have a quieter system that will allow for additional load down the line.

For example a Alphacool ut60 360 rad is about $140. A alphacool xt45 360rad and 240 rad would cost about $175 combined. That is an extra $35 I would spend.

I didn't answer that already in post #3?
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...for-my-build?p=7950290&viewfull=1#post7950290

A properly flowing and radded loop, the loop order does not matter. Temps vary very little from point to point. You just want to make sure the res is before the pump. It will be enough, but if it was me, I would do two rads for better results.

Don't get a 1070 for 4K...really. A 1080 can get by. A 1070 you will have to turn settings down, etc. If you are going to go 4K, get a proper card for it is my suggestion. I would even forego water to get the better card honestly.

I am not really going to be playing games all day to be honest. maybe couple hours a week. so im not really worry about that. I have seen plenty of videos on utube that people ran games in ultra on 4k with 1070 and fps was ranged around 40-50fps which is fine to me to be honest with you.

I would go with a thinner 360 and 240 rad vs buying one thick 360. Yes the thick 360 can handle the load and Yes two rads are more expensive than 1 (but not by much). The benefit is you will have a quieter system that will allow for additional load down the line.

For example a Alphacool ut60 360 rad is about $140. A alphacool xt45 360rad and 240 rad would cost about $175 combined. That is an extra $35 I would spend.

Thanks for the good example. one more question. is it good to to send the coolant from 360radiator to cpu then to 240 radiator and then to gpu and then back to 360 or just straight from 360 to cpu then gpu then 240 and then back to 360?
Pump>Radiator 360>CPU>Radiator 240> GPU>back to pump
or
Pump>Radiator 360>CPU>GPU>Radiator 240> back to pump
?

As ED said, as long as you maintain a proper flow rate it will not make a noticeable difference. Yes you will see an improvement by going res-pump-cpu-240-gpu-360-res but we are talking maybe 1 or 2 degrees. I would worry more about efficient tubing layouts that optimize the case instead of focusing on loop order. Just make sure the res feeds the pump.

As ED said, as long as you maintain a proper flow rate it will not make a noticeable difference. Yes you will see an improvement by going res-pump-cpu-240-gpu-360-res but we are talking maybe 1 or 2 degrees. I would worry more about efficient tubing layouts that optimize the case instead of focusing on loop order. Just make sure the res feeds the pump.

One thing that i couldnt get enough information after watching and reading a lot is what makes the pump/res stronger than the other? is it like the power wattage or bigger size res or what exactly?

Back