• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your temp probes have a large variance or you don't have any. Or you aren't running stress tests for an hour and measuring temps. At idle or low usage your probes are not able to measure the difference in temps. Get some laboratory grade temp probes at $100 each and a interface board and the software. Spend $500 and retract your statement.

LOL
if im going to spend $500 just like that for temp probes and etc, i would put that towards gtx 1080 :bang head

What Conmdrum says is that you need high end probes to make such statements. And no, on load, water temp at the radiator outlet is lower than at the inlet, by a few degrees, but still lower, as the heat is dissipated through the rads/fans combo.

Its not even a few degrees. A couple is almost too generous... my whole point and discussion above, LOL!

I have been watching this thread the past few days and the entire time my reaction has been.

Where is the bear? I want to poke it. Poke poke poke:screwy:

Its not even a few degrees. A couple is almost too generous... my whole point and discussion above, LOL!

Exactly. Once my loop reaches it's equilibrium, my water temps show a .5c average difference between the two ports from the same rad.

I have been watching this thread the past few days and the entire time my reaction has been.

Where is the bear? I want to poke it. Poke poke poke:screwy:

:rofl:

Exactly. Once my loop reaches it's equilibrium, my water temps show a .5c average difference between the two ports from the same rad.

:rofl:

I am digressing, but I think it is interesting: at idle, inlet/outlet are at the same temp. Does the inlet/outlet delta on load depends on the radiator surface/fans (heat dissipation capability), or does it remain the same once equilibrium is reached, whatever the dissipation capability ? ...

Edit: what I've noticed for sure is that once you have sufficient rad/fans, air/coolant delta remains on 3/4c, whatever the load you put on both CPU/GPU.

I am digressing, but I think it is interesting: at idle, inlet/outlet are at the same temp. Does the inlet/outlet delta on load depends on the radiator surface/fans (heat dissipation capability), or does it remain the same once equilibrium is reached, whatever the dissipation capability ? ...

Edit: what I've noticed for sure is that once you have sufficient rad/fans, air/coolant delta remains on 3/4c, whatever the load you put on both CPU/GPU.

On my end I don't set and forget since everything is based on a curve via 3rd party software. My fans and pumps work harder when they need too. Mainly when I'm folding is when the system is at full bore. During gaming, not so much. Maybe half way they are as opposed to when it folds at full.

For example, I ran these tests prior.

Idle

Idle Delta.JPG

Load (Folding)

Load Delta.JPG

As you can see, the "Water Delta-T" category is between two water temp probes set on the same rad's IN and OUT ports. 0.5c on idle and 0.2c on load. This is when the fans get ramped up to 100% and the pumps to 40% for a flow rate of 1.0 GPM on 120.9 of heat surface for a OC'd CPU and dual SLI GPU loop.

I will be posting few pictures in a minute, Updates of the build. in the stage of custom painting
This system is going to be Black Green. Called it "Nuke"

I M P O R T A N T

Welcome back to myself :clap:

Quick Question for all of you. It's not relative to this Thread but I hope it will be ok to ask since its just a simple question and its for this WaterCooled project

Can I use one single M.2 SSD 1TB for everything? Basically beside installing OS, also install my Apps, Games,etc on the same card? I rather not to spend more money on memory if I can do all my things on the same M.2 that im going to install my Windows on.
I have already bought it btw.

And for updates,
I have bought the following for the loop
Quick reminder that the system is a single overclocked GPU 1070 G1 @2100, overclocked i7 6700k @4.8, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, all on Z170X G7 Skylate, 1000 EVGA

Loop:
Alphacool 360mm UT30
Alphacool 240mm UT60
Thermaltake 350mm D5 Res/Pump
FDV Fans
Hard Tube

Yes you can use a single 1tb drive for everything.

I run a 1tb spinner in my one rig for everything. The question really becomes can you fit all of your programs and files on a 1tb drive. I would also take a look at how you are going to backup your system in case of a failure.

Welcome back to myself :clap:

Quick Question for all of you. It's not relative to this Thread but I hope it will be ok to ask since its just a simple question and its for this WaterCooled project

Can I use one single M.2 SSD 1TB for everything? Basically beside installing OS, also install my Apps, Games,etc on the same card? I rather not to spend more money on memory if I can do all my things on the same M.2 that im going to install my Windows on.
I have already bought it btw.

And for updates,
I have bought the following for the loop
Quick reminder that the system is a single overclocked GPU 1070 G1 @2100, overclocked i7 6700k @4.8, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, all on Z170X G7 Skylate, 1000 EVGA

Loop:
Alphacool 360mm UT30
Alphacool 240mm UT60
Thermaltake 350mm D5 Res/Pump
FDV Fans
Hard Tube

As Lochekey said, You can.
Idk how much it will boot time but it shouldnt cause it accesses the data it needs instantly and doesnt have to search for the data like a HDD does.

Yes you can use a single 1tb drive for everything.

I run a 1tb spinner in my one rig for everything. The question really becomes can you fit all of your programs and files on a 1tb drive. I would also take a look at how you are going to backup your system in case of a failure.

Thank You So Much Lochekey for simply mentioning the word backup!

I am setup for manual backups and when I saw what you had written it was an, "Oh Crap! Moment".

My backing up was long overdue and I had so much to loose, Thank You Sir! :)

Of course you can do it, it may have been better to ask the question before you bought it though, that kind of charging forward into the unknown can sometimes lead you into problems.

I have my entire OP/SYS and gaming on a 1T SSD Samsung EVO, I try to keep the HDD at 50% full by juggling things that are not necessary to keep long term, like games you are not currently playing as some of the new games require a lot of space on the HDD as do videos, and music files that are not compressed, and so far I have not had any problems running it that way.

Thanks for all the replies. The reason I asked is I have being almost 10 years far away from PC or computer builds. I realized SSD's have some sort of power and data cables but the m.2 has none. it goes directly to motherb so i was like kind of question marked about having the entire system, games and apps running on it. So powerwised the m.2 is fine? 1TB is perfectly fine with me anyway but just wanted to make sure m.2 would do everything for me.

Just understand there are two types of M.2. SATA and PCIe. You want to make sure which your MB is compatible with and the PCIe 3.0 version would be the fastest as the SATA is capped as your typical SATA drive are as well.

Just understand there are two types of M.2. SATA and PCIe. You want to make sure which your MB is compatible with and the PCIe 3.0 version would be the fastest as the SATA is capped as your typical SATA drive are as well.

Since we are on the subject which drive do you recommend? I have the space for and want/need a PCIe 3.0 M.2 and the one you're running I can't track down?

The one I run is a bit old and only M.2 PCIe 2.0. The one you'd want to look at is either Intel's 750 that installs on the actual PCIe slots or the Samsung 960 that installs on the actual M.2 interface on the MB or you can grab a adapter and install it that way as the intel one. It is a bit costly either way versus if you were to grab a few SATA SSDs and run them in RAID.

The one I run is a bit old and only M.2 PCIe 2.0. The one you'd want to look at is either Intel's 750 that installs on the actual PCIe slots or the Samsung 960 that installs on the actual M.2 interface on the MB or you can grab a adapter and install it that way as the intel one. It is a bit costly either way versus if you were to grab a few SATA SSDs and run them in RAID.

Yeah I just want to throw one in there for my OS is all. Then I can setup the rest of my sata drives...........

MotherBoard is Z170X Gaming 7
M.2 SSD is 1TB Sandisk SSD

I dont know if thats SATA or PCIe but it labeled as 32Gbps right by the M.2 slots. So what is that?

Back