• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thoughts on what? Temps are fine as shown...

Push8ng to 4.8 I'd no different than 4.7. I'd leave it as is though personally. You are getting up there on voltage.

Stock voltage is 1.300, so pushing it to 1.400 is high u think with those temps?

Those temps aren't from stress testing though, right? It was from gaming and benchmarking quick benchmarks, yes?

We generally say 1.4-1.45 is about your limit. If you think you have the temps, go for it.. but, what's 100 Mhz going to matter? ;)

Those temps aren't from stress testing though, right? It was from gaming and benchmarking quick benchmarks, yes?

We generally say 1.4-1.45 is about your limit. If you think you have the temps, go for it.. but, what's 100 Mhz going to matter? ;)

Nah. I cant hit 4.8 so that is that. But those temps are after cpu stress test

So I realised i shoundnt smoke anything in my room. even when i blow the smoke on one side of the room, in about 2 mins i will see it passing like a line in front of my eyes going towards the 360rad that is hooked on the top of the case lol and that thing would suck that entire line of smoke in. i know resin will !@#$ with the rad.
a quick update, i got to play Resident evil on 4k ultra everything for 3hours non stop today, cpu temp was around 42-45 while gpu"C was on 35-40"C. think thats good? fps was around 67-72fps. I am very satisfied with this gpu. I just started downloading The witcher 3 which is not my type of games but so i can try ultra everything on 4k cuz i seen few vids with almost my setup and on average they were around 28-33 fps maxed out with hairwork and anti aliasing both off rest ultra

Downloaded the witcher 3. Cant install it yet due to not having enough space. Got to wait for the m.2 to arrive

Update:

GTA V 3840x2160
Ultra Everything
avg temp after playing 4hrs, 42-48 cpu, 40-42 gpu
fps ave 48fps
anti aliasing off only , 55-58fps.
in woods driving fast white rain, around 34-35fps

Nice man, I think I'm going to grab a cheap 4k monitor for SP and use my 1440p for MP. It's still less than an Ultra Wide 1440p for two monitors and I can enjoy 4k and 2k high refresh.

You whats funny,

I got Nvidia gpu and a FreeSync 4k monitor which supposedly shouldn't work together, but in any some video games if i got in setting and i turn on the Gsync, fps will go higher a little bit and the screen wont break at all when i move the mouse. basically it looks like its effective if i have it off or on.. weird :salute:

Not sure what you are getting at there...

But gsync is hardware in the monitor and functionality in the card. If you don't have one, it doesn't work.

Not sure what you are getting at there...

But gsync is hardware in the monitor and functionality in the card. If you don't have one, it doesn't work.

i have no idea dude, all i see is the difference between when its off and when its on. like if u turn around too quick when the gsync is off, u will see the screen breaks in the mid half for half a second. but when its on, nothing happens when u do that

Hi everyone, Being busy with life drama bs but now im back.

So a quick update,

SanDisk 1TB SSD M.2 finally arrived from SanDisk cop, And again, motherboard cant see it. I doubt its the motherboard simply because it was brand new and so far everything works perfect on it. What do you all think?

Make sure the MB BIOS is up to date and the SSD doesn't need a firmware update.

Definitely update the mobo bios!

Hard to figure out if you need a flash on the stick if it isn't recognized. :)

I have updated the MB to the latest version, SanDisk told me I dont need to update the firmware since its already updated before they shipped it to me.
A quick Noobie question,

Since the whole purpose of this rig is to do 4k ultra at much as possible, yall think i should get the same performance if i get a regular hdd and install the games on it while OS is running on EVO 850 256gb? compare to everything (OS and Games) all run on a single M.2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, going from a hdd to nvme m.2 drive WILL NOT increase FPS.

1. More is general better/faster.
2. You realy won't notice the difference between like hdd. Just grab a 7200RPM 64mb drive.

Hi everyone! Long time no talk! :clap::clap::clap:

I got some updates, Its being almost 5 months since i have built my first ever system. so far no dead screen or leak from the loop. everything is smooth and perfect. I so much enjoying the build. 4k is my top fave. way of gaming now.
Played a horror game with oculus rift, HELL NO, NO MORE!

My GTX 1070 G1 is heavly overclocked @2133mhz, a game like BF1 or GTA5 on 4k ultra setting, around 35-45fps (depends)
Do you all think GTX 1080 Ti is worth the money to upgrade or just FKKK it for now? :D

Back