• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver improvement ?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

well, just fired my 7970 instead of the780 ti .

Running it@1225/1850, and well... don't see any diiference witrh the 780ti@1080p. Witcher 3, maxedb out but **** hair, 60FPS. CoD BO3, 60 fps, maxed out... Did AMD throw some magic in their drivers?!?

Hmm, not that I know. I'm always running the latest. No issues thus far aside from not being able to clock my card pass stock :-/ Unsure if this is driver related tho.

Try to see how much FPS you got with both cards, The 7970(R9 280x) shouldnt be too far away from the 780Ti.
Its like comparing 960(Or 770) to 780Ti.

I know its not exactly the same cards to compare to but their performance is really close to each other.

And yeah it may be some tweaks to the driver cause its the same Core as the 280x and 380x, Which are much newer cards.

Checked with a bit more coffee and a bit less beer, and tesselation activated, lol!

FPS seems in line with what it should be: 25 to 30% less than with the 780 ti (both cards are running a +/- 30% OC).

Those 7970's can definitely still push some FPS@1080p!!!

Try to see how much FPS you got with both cards, The 7970(R9 280x) shouldnt be too far away from the 780Ti.
Its like comparing 960(Or 770) to 780Ti.

I know its not exactly the same cards to compare to but their performance is really close to each other.

And yeah it may be some tweaks to the driver cause its the same Core as the 280x and 380x, Which are much newer cards.
They were not close at all (neither are the 960/770 and 780ti): https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780_Ti/27.html

Yeah, that was off a bit, Tir! Glad you found the culprit! :)

Back