• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 EVO 19.99 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NewEgg:

"Refurbished" products have been tested to ensure compliance with original manufacturer specifications, and MAY include a limited manufacturer warranty - see the item's product page for details.

IOW someone in the returns dept. who isn't highly familiar with this particular product did a quick check for really obvious damage or lots of missing parts.

You're probably OK unless a heatpipe has been pierced or if some mounting hardware is missing. Check for every bracket, washer (metal and plastic), nut, and bolt. I've found that CoolerMaster, ThermalTake, and Alpine are very good about replacing missing or damaged parts, and the first 2 companies send me a whole hardware kit and thermal paste when just a single piece was missing.

Refurbished is just used car salesman talk for used. I've received "refurbished" laptops that dident work and they looked like they had been dragged behind a truck. I have also bought refurbished stuff that looked brand new, so it all depends on the seller.

Refurbished is just used car salesman talk for used. I've received "refurbished" laptops that dident work and they looked like they had been dragged behind a truck. I have also bought refurbished stuff that looked brand new, so it all depends on the seller.

It also depends if it's seller refurbished or manufacturer refurbished.

Back