• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue??? with running stress test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dhampir

Hello all,
Running stress test, Stable CPU at 4214.06 MHz, Voltage 1.368
Bumped it up a little bit (not sure on exact settings) and came up with Warning "Illegal SUMOUT"
I'm wondering what this means

Last edited:
Prime95 Blended test on 8 threads.
it is now coming back with a "Fatal Error" "Rounding was 0.484375, expected less than 0.4"
this is on a 4.5GHz and 1.475v CPU and 1.3..? i think CPU/NB Voltage.

Rather new to this, OC'ing a GPU is so much easier. haha

Cpu-z (All tabs) screen shots say a million words. Include the temperatures as well please.

Ok you want to put cpu/nb back to stock values and not on auto. Enter it manually.

Manually set the memory timings also the memory voltage. Kick it up to 1.55v.

Needs a fan on the VRM to the left of the cpu socket there. It will help your temps. So will lowering the cpu/nb. Your not OCing ram atm...

And lastly when I see memory running 791mhz and not 800, it either needs a good cmos clearing or mix matched memory.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact I would pull 2 sticks of memory. 32GB is really over kill.

Ok you want to put cpu/nb back to stock values and not on auto. Enter it manually.

Manually set the memory timings also the memory voltage. Kick it up to 1.55v.

Needs a fan on the VRM to the left of the cpu socket there. It will help your temps. So will lowering the cpu/nb. Your not OCing ram atm...

And lastly when I see memory running 791mhz and not 800, it either needs a good cmos clearing or mix matched memory.

Ok, Firstly, what do I need to set the Memory Timings to?
Second, No ability to put a fan specifically on VRAM, it's not a test bench. but I do have 2 fans on my Hyper 212
and C, I shall remove 2 sticks... for now... I do Video/Image editing and Live streaming. but I likely can keep them out. leave them as spares

Edit: Please post exactly which Options in "Timings" needs to be set to what. Remember, I'm new to CPU OC'ing

It's not terrible... I wouldn't recommend it, but I had my R1.0 for a long while with a decent overclock on a 955. 4.2ghz on an 8xxx should be doable, but I'd say anymore is pushing it and I'd be a bit concerned about letting the blue smoke outta the blue smoke container...

Ok, Firstly, what do I need to set the Memory Timings to?
Second, No ability to put a fan specifically on VRAM, it's not a test bench. but I do have 2 fans on my Hyper 212
and C, I shall remove 2 sticks... for now... I do Video/Image editing and Live streaming. but I likely can keep them out. leave them as spares

Edit: Please post exactly which Options in "Timings" needs to be set to what. Remember, I'm new to CPU OC'ing

He suggested putting a fan on the VRM (Voltge Reguluation Module) not the VRAM. Two different things. The VRM is covered by a heat sink that lies between the CPU socket and the I/O ports at the back edge of the motherboard. We find that this can really help stabilize an overclock when the thermal envelope of the VRM is pushed to the edge. A 50 mm spot fan is about the right size. You can fasten them to the heat sink with double-sided adhesive strips or with zip ties.

Ok i've managed to get a Stable OC on 4.3, anything higher causes temps to go through the roof for some reason.
Thanks to ShrimpBrime and Bluefalcon13

Back