• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate introduces 60TB 10GB/s SSD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How many would you need to RAID to get a Petabyte? :comp:

It wasn't so long ago that I put a half dozen 200GB drives in a RAID5 to get almost a TB. I still have some of those drives in operation.

How many would you need to RAID to get a Petabyte? :comp:

It wasn't so long ago that I put a half dozen 200GB drives in a RAID5 to get almost a TB. I still have some of those drives in operation.

Well, if you divide 1000 by 60, you get approximately 17 of them.

A sequential monster on reads indeed... almost 1M IOPS. Writes look pedestrian though all around. (Nitro)

Seagate, throw me a few and I'll do a free review on them.

The best part about the article is that there was a link on the page that gave cup sizes for 37 celebrities!

The best part about the article is that there was a link on the page that gave cup sizes for 37 celebrities!

Maybe it's my ublock origin being installed, but I've never seen ads like that on Anandtech's site.

edit: it is indeed that. Install ublock origin, it removes all of the garbage all over that site so you're actually reading a news article on a clean looking webpage.

It was a link in the "Promoted Stories" at the bottom of the page...a shame I didn't take a screen shot...as this story might be gone forever!

Good thing I have that stash of $2000 under my bed.

Betchya this thing will cost a ton. Totally worth it though :drool:
I'd love to have one!!!

Back