• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6700k noctua nh-u12s temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corbela

Hi,

I recently installed 6700k with noctua nh-u12s. I'm monitoring the temperature and hwmonitor shows 25-30C in idle and max temperature in load 71C. Realtemp shows few degree less. What is common for both is that one core in max is about 5C hotter than others. These temperatures are fine for me however I expected better results from this Noctua cooler. Am I wrong with this expectation? Switching new thermalpaste from noctuas to arctic 5 might do the trick. Paste applying methods are also on table for infinite discussion:D What do you guys think of these these temps? Ok or should I doublecheck paste and mount? Paste is not visible while cooler is mounted so there should not be too much of it.

BTW

Is hwinfo for osd a good choice for cpu and gpu temperature monitoring, mean osd. Fan speed would be also nice to know.I dislike checking them via windows button:p Thanks! :)

:welcome:

You could probably bring it down a few degrees depending on your BIOS voltage/fan settings but don't expect miracles ;) it's normal for one core to be 5c-10c higher or 5c-10c lower then the others (depending on how you look at it), and HWinfo64 is pretty much all you will ever need on a 24/7 basis for monitoring.

Thanks for intel!:) For curiosity how much are your temps while gaming for example. I see you have overclocked cpu. I'll just keep monitoring that this will not go any higher from this 71. Is the msi automatic overclock enabled from the start or should you manually press the button in bios :)

Different cooler different temps, but as long as its below 90c you're golden. Honestly would not know as i never had MSI board, likely better to wait for someone else to chime in here :)

What case are you using and what is the fan configuration?
Are these temperatures at stock, overclocked, or what?

These are stock temperatures. I am using fractal r5 with 2 frontfan and one back.

Try removing the side panel and using a house fan to blow into the side of the case, see if your load temps drop.

:welcome:

You could probably bring it down a few degrees depending on your BIOS voltage/fan settings but don't expect miracles ;) it's normal for one core to be 5c-10c higher or 5c-10c lower then the others (depending on how you look at it), and HWinfo64 is pretty much all you will ever need on a 24/7 basis for monitoring.

5-10C is pretty common. I've seen at higher OCs, a temp difference between cores of ~12C.

Switching between the default paste on the Kraken x61 to a general TIM didn't lower temps at all. Going to try Noctua TIM tonight :D

5-10C is pretty common. I've seen at higher OCs, a temp difference between cores of ~12C.

Switching between the default paste on the Kraken x61 to a general TIM didn't lower temps at all. Going to try Noctua TIM tonight :D

Yep, the higher the overclock, the higher the difference.

I think I tried remounts maybe 20 times on 4 or 5 CPU's and results remained the same.

Another thing is that with everything at stock settings in the bios, the vCore is certainly higher than what is needed for stock clocks.

Back