• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC 1070 AMP OWNERS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hello forum I have 2 1070 amps in sli mode . I posted a thread yesterday about trying to optimize positive airflow to cool down my top card that hits 90c at times
bottom card maxes out at 65c and I assume the top card has no room to breath. I borrowed 2 noctuas from my friend and it only brought the temperatures down to 87c. nothing noticable. I would like to put a hybrid cooler on my top card.
My concern is that it is a custom board design and it may not work with typical aftermarket coolers that support refernece boards . does anybody own a zotac 1070 amp and can give me insights . thanks

I assume that both cards are not the "blower" style cooler.

When you run 2 cards in SLI that are not the blower style and don't have an extra Slot between then, the top card will be hot.

Do you have another slot you can put the bottom card in?

I assume that both cards are not the "blower" style cooler.

When you run 2 cards in SLI that are not the blower style and don't have an extra Slot between then, the top card will be hot.

Do you have another slot you can put the bottom card in?

they are open air . my motherboards last slot is 4x unfortunately. nvidia requires at least 8x to run its cards

If it was an EVGA card (yup - I'm a fanboy :D) u recommend their hybrid cooler.

Does Zotac make a hybrid cooler?

If it was an EVGA card (yup - I'm a fanboy :D) u recommend their hybrid cooler.

Does Zotac make a hybrid cooler?

they dont sadly . I wanna get the arctric hybrid cooler . it goes perfectly with my color scheme . i guess ill have to strip my card to see the board and compare it to a reference board

I just saw your other post (please only 1 post per problem).

You have an extra PCI slot between the 2 cards (they are not butted up against each other).

Your problem is case air flow.

I just saw your other post (please only 1 post per problem).

You have an extra PCI slot between the 2 cards (they are not butted up against each other).

Your problem is case air flow.

I tried working with airflow . tried noctuas . the space between the two cards is a very hot spot . nothing seems to fix that

Take the side panel off of your case.

If your top card cools down, you have a case airflow problem.

Take the side panel off of your case.

If your top card cools down, you have a case airflow problem.

done that already . doesnt make a difference on its own . I ziptied a 200mm fan to the cards with the side panel opened and that dropped temperatures down to 85c max. it still looks ugly and 85c is hot tbh
13987088_1227718057287923_1095330886_o.jpg

If you're considering the Arctic Hybrid cooler I'd look to make sure it only takes up 2 slots.

Welcome to SLI bud... perhaps consider moving the bottom card down a slot for more air... that is assuming your 3rd slot will run PCIe 3.0 8x or 2.0 16x...

cant do that . as i stated the last slot is 4x. my only option is either watercool the top card or changed the board completely to space the cards. and i dont plan on doing that

Shows PCIe 2.0 16x... Is that not right?

only if youre running 3 way sli . even then i dont have enough pcie lanes . my 5820k has 28 lanes
29_040315.png
will running my 1st slot at 8x make the last slot run at 8x ? hmmm

Last edited:
You are willing to dump HUNDREDS more into watercooling, but not get a motherboard more fitting for the job at half the cost? If money was actually an issue, logic would say to get another board for $250-$300 versus spending just that on the blocks for the GPUs. It would make no sense to only water cool one card...You would also be spending the same or less on a board versus even a single card. Think about it. :)

Oy those AIO bracket things? I gotcha... thought you were talking custom loop :). You also need to buy the AIO that goes with it.

Back