• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom power cable lengths for Panteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Filth Biscuit

Hi there,

Hope this is an appropriate category to ask this sort of thing..

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience making or buying custom sleeved cables for the Enthoo Evolv ATX case? This is in regards to the 24 pin mobo, the 8 pin cpu and the PCI-e cables.
I understand my hardware might be slightly different, but if someone had maybe a general idea of the appropriate length of cables to use, id be appreciative.

Also, what's everyone's favorite vendor for some nice custom cables?

Looks also, seeing as the back panel on this case is also glass I am trying to get the cleanest look I can get, even back behind the mobo tray.

If you're looking for it to be that clean you'll be better off learning to make and sleeve your own cables.

Or buy them sleeved for you.

I got some neat ones on ebay, certainly made by under aged chinese or Indian workers, but who cares, as long as it's CHEAP!

Or buy them sleeved for you.

I got some neat ones on ebay, certainly made by under aged chinese or Indian workers, but who cares, as long as it's CHEAP!

Can't get them nearly as perfect sized that way, which I understood to be the main intention of the question.

That's probably a good option, as long as the supplies don't end up running me much more than a kit would.. Do you happen to know any good informational links on this?

Not off the top of my head, but you'll need pins, wire, and a crimping tool for making the new cables. Reuse the connectors and be sure to make note of what pins are connected on each end.
For sleeving you'll need the sleeve, heatshrink, and a heat gun.

I would start at digikey and mdpc-x for the supplies.

You can also use Mouser for connectors. I would plan out your routing first. Use string to determine the minimum length you need then add some extra for slack and whatnot. Complete custom cabling is a big endeavor... get in some practice sleeving something easy, like a fan cable, before going full tilt.

Iv'e had a bit of practice already on other stuff, but never something this extensive. My biggest question with it I guess would be that I know some people re-pin the psu to have no cables crossing over one another in the harness, which cool I doubt I'll go that far, ill probably just use cable combs to bunch it in one spot... But I know the standard technique is the make the wires on the inner curve of the harness just a bot shorter so that the cables keep in line throughout a bend radius, but how would that work unless your harnesses are pin to pin all the way across?

My biggest question with it I guess would be that I know some people re-pin the psu to have no cables crossing over one another in the harness, which cool I doubt I'll go that far, ill probably just use cable combs to bunch it in one spot... But I know the standard technique is the make the wires on the inner curve of the harness just a bot shorter so that the cables keep in line throughout a bend radius, but how would that work unless your harnesses are pin to pin all the way across?

What do you mean? I don't understand the question :confused:

Well, good harnesses are made with a curve, so that way when you plug them in they remain somewhat in a straight curve to look real pretty. And also you'll notice most standard psu harnesses aren't designed with wires going nicely from pin to the equal and opposite pin location on the other ends connector.

Back