• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Intel Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

Ok guys i finally did it

made the Switch to Intel got the Mobo /Ram and CPU

All im waiting for now is the Swiftech H240 X2 ,Mouse and Keyboard and my AT2035 Studio stream setup DSCN1751.JPG DSCN1752.JPG DSCN1753.JPG DSCN1754.JPG DSCN1758.JPG DSCN1766.JPG

still putting the Studio together lol , but I got the system together , can enjoy now but in a few day I can , excite to have intel after 15yrs

ok just an update , I will be putting my intel together to the only thing I will not have it the water cooler

Just don't over clock at the moment and be sure to have excellent air flow with the fans in your case and you should be fine until the cooler comes in, or you mean you literally have no fan or heartsink for your cpu? What gpu did you go with ?
John

Awesome looking build man! You'll be happy with it for sure. Good time to get back to Intel. Gonna do any benching? Or folding? :)

I have water cooling the corsair H100i for now swapping that out for Swiftech 240 x2 and the GFX card I have is the EVGA 970 FTW+

Can't wait to see it all put together! I also have not had a PC (well it was Intel) but after a loyal Mac user I went to go buy my niece a laptop for college and my 2011 MB pro is still as good if not better than what they are currently selling... Can not wait to see this build and get mine going as well! Best of luck bro! Looks like it will be a great machine!

well the only thing I forgot to order was the other cord for the 2nd display and the Swiftech 240 x2 will be here Friday

updated:
this is what I got so far still a work in progress
1) replacing the 2 displays with two matching ones (arriving Sep 5th)
2) replacing H100i GT with Swiftech 240 x2 (Arriving the 26th)
3) replacing 6foot display to HDMI with longer one
4) replaced 5.1 speakers with 2.1 ,I mostly use a headset now

DSCN1785[1].JPG DSCN1788[1].JPG DSCN1789[1].JPG DSCN1790[1].JPG DSCN1791[1].JPG DSCN1796[1].JPG

Nice! I bought an arm for my monitor. Awesome. If you didn't have a corner desk like that a dual arm setup would really work nicely.

well to keep you all up to date , my new mobo is going to get RMA cause NOW only one ram slot works , so I'm not very happy today , more like p'ed off after spending over 1.5k on parts , so now I'm getting a new mobo

I had to reinstall new memory stick 4 times to get it to work recently on skylake. What motherboard are you going with?

well to keep you all up to date , my new mobo is going to get RMA cause NOW only one ram slot works , so I'm not very happy today , more like p'ed off after spending over 1.5k on parts , so now I'm getting a new mobo
Have you tried reseating all the ram again like wingman mentioned. Weird how it worked for days and then stopped....

Have you tried reseating all the ram again like wingman mentioned. Weird how it worked for days and then stopped....

Yes i tried to reset it for two days now in every configuration the only slot that working is the slot the furthest one away from the CPU ,if i put but sticks in i get code 55
and that's

Memory not installed
but as soon as i run one stick it boots up , i even swap out and tried the other stick of ram and that one slot and it boots right up , and I rinsed and repeat

Well we shell see what we shell see Wednesday when the new mobo gets here I got the EVGA Z170 Classified K , going to give them a shot , since I haven't had a issue with there GFX Cards ,let see how there Mobo are , I really haven't heard nothing bad about them plus I read the review on here about the EVGA Z170 Classified non K ,so only time will tell

Back