• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4890 Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

Hey, as there is no driver's for the 4890 and windows 10, is there any way to adjust the overscan with a third party utility? Went to upgrade to Windows 10 and had to roll back, due to no overscan options, and being unable to see probably 10% of my screen. I don't really feel like registry hacks to make it work.

Check if screen resizing option works ( adjust screen and fonts size, 1st tab in display settings ). I mean Win10 is sometimes setting 110% or more of the screen in basic display options. There are no drivers for these older cards so if standard windows options are not working then you can only play with 3rd party soft.

yeah, screen resizing option did not work, was wondering if anyone knew of any 3rd party software that could do the trick

FYI, there is a way to make AMD catalyst control center work on Windows 10. I unfortunately lost the guide to how to do this, but it wasn't too hard to find using my google-fu. I was even running my 4890 in crossfire in the older titles.

I'm unable to search for you at this time, but I've gotten windows 8 drivers to install on windows 10 by unpacking them and manually pointing hardware manager to the right spot. If you want CCC to install, you might have to edit the ini file in a windows 10 AMD driver with the 4890 hardware ID.

The real issue is that once you do this, windows 10 will automatically revert to whatever driver it thinks is best from windows update (which is by far the most infuriating aspect of windows 10). You will need to force it to stop installing updates automatically, or turn off it's ability to locate and install drivers (both will require you to use some google-fu).

Good luck!

Back