• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BMC

Hi guys, new to oc stuff so sorry if I'm asking garbage questions.

The setup is ASUS M5A78L/usb3, AMD FX-6300.
Do you think the board can handle overclocking? I've tried slightly increased multipliers and it seems that the multiplier jumps down when torture testing. Also cool'n'quiet and turbo core are turned off.

Is the multiplier jumping because my board can't handle the oc, or something?

Yeah... junk board for overclocking. It's 4 phase power and no heatsinks on them. You need to add heatsinks and/or spot cool the VRMs for best rsults.

Yeah... junk board for overclocking. It's 4 phase power and no heatsinks on them. You need to add heatsinks and/or spot cool the VRMs for best rsults.
Would lowering voltage while increasing the multiplier yield any positive results, or would the VRMs still heat the same?

Would lowering voltage while increasing the multiplier yield any positive results, or would the VRMs still heat the same?
doesn't work that way.. in order to overclock, you add voltage. So as scotty said, you will run I to instability earlier. Junk board for overclocking man.. sorry.

doesn't work that way.. in order to overclock, you add voltage. So as scotty said, you will run I to instability earlier. Junk board for overclocking man.. sorry.
Understood. Thanks for the answers both of you guys.

Back