• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting my winter buildup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I just ordered a GTX 980 Ti today. I'll put it in my main gaming/work rig and it will fold most of the time. My all AMD farm will remain idle for the rest of the summer as I move it to another area in my basement.

My goal this year is to hit 2 million ppd so look out!

2million?! Holy jeebus, nice dude! May all others of Team 32 one day be worthy of your presence by posting such numbers! :rofl:

2million?! Holy jeebus, nice dude! May all others of Team 32 one day be worthy of your presence by posting such numbers! :rofl:

There are guys posting bigger numbers than that. Additionally, I have a long history of falling short of my goals. Prior to my farm crashing and burning, I was at a steady 1.6 million so I think that 2 million is a reasonable goal but it is just a goal. Time will tell if I can reach it. Truth be told, I'd be happy to get my 1.6 mil ppd back.

I just ordered a GTX 980 Ti today. I'll put it in my main gaming/work rig and it will fold most of the time. My all AMD farm will remain idle for the rest of the summer as I move it to another area in my basement.

My goal this year is to hit 2 million ppd so look out!

Challenge accepted!

What is the PPD difference between a 980 and a 1070?

A million billion points. Or something maybe a little less. I know that I've seen caddi daddi post ppd's and there is a google doc out there that gives that info but I can't get to it while at work.

a 980ti will make 500,000 when clocked and the slot is configured, client-type, advanced,
max-packet-size, big.
a 980 will make 400,000.
just remember to use a Maxwell driver, a pascal driver gimps my maxwells under winten.

like I can tell don anything, I learn from him.

like I can tell don anything, I learn from him.

My problem is not only do I not know these things, I don't listen to anyone either. You can look forward to an endless number of threads where I complain about the ppd on my new card. Oh sure you'll reply each time with useful and helpful steps to take but will I listen? NOOOOoooooo....

:rofl:

Well, looks like my card will arrive in an hour or so. I so want to call in *cough* sick and go home to install it.

I don't know if I will get a chance to install it today. I have to see a friend after work, then pick up a few things then prep my new door thresholds. Being a grown-up sucks.

I took out a working 280x and installed the 980Ti. It was getting about 550-650 ppd without any tags and is getting upwards close to 700k ppd with the tags. That's just the one card. WOOT! Maybe I'll sell all of my 7970's and 280x's and get another 980Ti and keep my 7990 'cause a dual GPU is just cool even if it gets fewer points.

Edit: Whitehawk, you're gonna have to decied what name you're gonna fold under cause I got your ppd slot in mind. Step it up son. ;)

I must have gotton my first Core18 WU this morning because my fun dipped down to around 490k ppd. Oh well. Core21's are the bomb!

There are days that my 980 Ti is within 100K PPD of my 1080.

Still a great card for folding!

Edit: Whitehawk, you're gonna have to decied what name you're gonna fold under cause I got your ppd slot in mind. Step it up son. ;)

I'm fine where I'm at, you want my slot, you can have it. All I wanted to do was get in the top 20 and I did that, I'm not going to try and race anyone, now should everyone go out and get 50 GTX 1080's, I might have to do the same :rofl:

I'm fine where I'm at, you want my slot, you can have it. All I wanted to do was get in the top 20 and I did that, I'm not going to try and race anyone, now should everyone go out and get 50 GTX 1080's, I might have to do the same :rofl:

Point well taken. You just keep doing what you're doing. Between the two accounts you're close to 1.2 million ppd. That's really good.

Back