• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5-4670/Asus z97-ar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldn't think so, no. One says "boot" in it, so maybe its a quick boot... what does your manual say?

I wouldn't think so, no. One says "boot" in it, so maybe its a quick boot... what does your manual say?
This item allows you to select the CPU performance state during system boot before the OS takes control. The CPU runs at a selected performance ratio based on CPU config.
I left it at Max Non Turbo Performance.

I notice there really not that much to gain with OC, looks like the CPU jumps up to 3.8ghz with a load on it. I been out of touch with the newer stuff but looks like you get a lot more bang for less power with these CPU's of today. Next will be upgrading my video from a GT240..maybe I don't play any games so that card may still be plenty good.

If you're not gaming, or using GPU accelrated applications, even the integrated GPU is sufficent for most uses.

Back