• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED 1TB Mushkin SSD $210

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1TB Muskin Enchanced Reactor line for close to 20cents/GB. And I still cringe when I think how a 60GB drive cost $180...

Link

Code: ESCEMGH28

Last edited:
You just beat me to it, I saw this pop up in my newegg email blast too. I bought 4 240 GB drives about 4 years ago and it cost me about $800... cringe-worthy indeed!

You just beat me to it, I saw this pop up in my newegg email blast too. I bought 4 240 GB drives about 4 years ago and it cost me about $800... cringe-worthy indeed!

Haha, sorry. Was just going through the email and it was the only deal that really jumped out.

There were 3 failures reported on the first page of reviews alone, all within 2-4 months. No thanks. There's no need for SSDs to fail at that rate, it points to compromises made in manufacturing. Seems like a gamble even at $0.20 /GB.

It might be worth noting I went through TWO Mushkin SSDs several years ago. I resold the second replacement, bought a more expensive Samsung 850 instead. Haven't looked back. That was maybe 3 years ago.

It doesn't sound like Mushkin has improved their quality control.

I have to agree. I love Mushkin memory but can never bring myself to buy their drives. Too many bad reviews when Crucial and Samsung drives are out there for not much more cash.

I have to agree. I love Mushkin memory but can never bring myself to buy their drives. Too many bad reviews when Crucial and Samsung drives are out there for not much more cash.

Eh, when the sale was going on the cheapest 1TB Samsung was $100 more. Deals expired anyway.

Mushkin RAM blows. I got a DOA stick once. Sent it back, got another DOA stick... On the other hand, I've never bought DOA RAM from any other manufacturer in any of my other builds.

Back