• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikhaildg

Registered
So i have a i7-2700k cpu and its running at 4.3 at 1.3 volts. is that a safe voltage for it also it seems as though the processor is not performing as it should in games. Most games should run easily at 50+ fps with this CPU paired with 16gbs of ram and a 780gtx OC. Alot of games are having a hard time maxing out FPS on this set up. So is my CPU the issue here?

Not likely the CPU unless it's running hot and throttling. Could be a lot of things such as game settings, drivers or OS problems. More details would help like OS,temps, and games that you are trying to play. Is your ram running in dual channel?

so my cpu never goes above 42 to 45 degrees on full load. My OS is windows 10. also with ram i am not to sure if it is running in dual channel. How can i find that out? as for the games its World of Wracraft, No Mans Sky, Skyforge and a few other games. Most of these games should be easily running at 50+ fps on this rig, or am i wrong?

It could be that Skyforge and WOW are not very well optimized for multicore CPUs so in large battles etc.. you'll get frame drops. Speeding up the CPU might help in those games. Could be you internet connection as well.
To check dual channel download CPUz and select the memory tab it'll tell you if you're in dual or single.

i am getting 100mbs down so its not my internet. I just cant seem to narrow it down and yes my memory is in dual channel mode

First thing I would do is manually update to the latest nvidia win10 driver. Quick look on the internet and seems you are not alone. After the upgrade to win10 seems many people were losing performance and usually a driver update fixed it. During install select custom and then check the "clean" installation box

okay so can i just go to the nvidia site download the driver and reiinstall using instructions u guys provided?

Yes just use your card and Win10 in the reference box when searching

okay so just did a clean install of drivers and physx. so just run some of these games now to see if they are improved?

okay so i came across something interesting. When i enable vsync in my games my FPS drops alot and if i disable it in game and enbale it through the nvidia control panel i get 60+fps with no screen tearing. how is that possible?

What is the refresh rate of your monitor? Did you close the game before enabling V sync in nvidia control panel?

okay so i came across something interesting. When i enable vsync in my games my FPS drops alot and if i disable it in game and enbale it through the nvidia control panel i get 60+fps with no screen tearing. how is that possible?
vsync in game and vsync through the NVCP are two different things.

Back