• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your goals this year?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My goal 9 months ago was to break 1m ppd. I swapped out my 2x 970's with a 1080 which bumped my ppd up to about 700-800k, and lowered power draw a bit (though that price is offset by how much i spent on the new card). I'm hoping to get my gf's 970 folding during the winter, so i may be able to pull 1m for a couple months, but i don't think I'll be able to afford another watercooled 1080 in the near future.

I am going to retire 5 or 6 SMP rigs over the next few months.

I will add some new GPU power to replace what is being retired.

I am going to retire 5 or 6 SMP rigs over the next few months.

I will add some new GPU power to replace what is being retired.

I fully understand that notion. I too am looking to streamline my production.

I had the goal of making the top 100 by the end of the year and the new card put me over that hump. My best goal now is to maintain production and keep it all running. If I ever get a new MB with dual x8 or x16 slots, I can add 70k ppd with the full output of the 950. Hard to justify buying another board right now though.

I'm just looking forward to cooler weather so that I can justify F@H. Its hard to consider folding when the ambient outside temp is 90F+ every day, in spite of moving back into the mountains.

My goal for this year is to break into the top 1000 project-wide. That's a 25 Fold increase in my all time points.

I also have a goal to make more puns, starting with the one I just made.

As soon as I can turn off the A/C, I'm firing up 3 rigs including a 1060 and 1080.

Just broke into the top 5000, the top 1000 is inevitable. :burn:

WTF ozzlo! You've been in the weekly news letter a lot lately so you are clearly doing well.

Got running with one 7970 folding, 180k ppd. I'm assuming that adding more GPUs into one box isn't going to be linear. Can I reasonably expect 180k, 160k, and 100k with all 3 running?

Got running with one 7970 folding, 180k ppd. I'm assuming that adding more GPUs into one box isn't going to be linear. Can I reasonably expect 180k, 160k, and 100k with all 3 running?

Aside from throttling due to heat you should see similar PPD on all 3 cards unless you have a lack of x8 or x16 PCIe slots

According to testing done by caddi daddi, the 8x slots should be close to 16x slots for those cards. You will see reduced outout on the 4x slot.

I'd like to hit 500k/ppd, am going to add a GPU hopefully before the end of the year. I only can afford to fold 'part-time' but when I do, I like to see that spike ! ;)

Back