• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your goals this year?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
With fall beginning to roll in, production will begin to increase. What are the goals that you are hoping to reach over the winter months and into spring?

Are you looking to break into the top 100 of the team? top 100 in the world?
Are you looking to produce 1 million ppd? 500k?
Are you looking to pass that one guy who blew past you this summer? (That jerk)
Are you looking to be in the top 10? top 20 ppd?
Are you looking to earn your first million? first 100 million? first billion?!

Post your goals below and lets see if we can help each other reach those goals. By "help" I mean to virtually yell at each other offensive remarks in an attempt to motivate those who are not reaching thier stated goals 'cause we're here to "pump :clap: you up".

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is to earn 2 million ppd and see if I can sustain the #5 spot for a time at least. I've already called my local power generator and asked them to bring another reactor on-line as the majority of my farm will be AMD 7970's and 280X's.

I blew my savings on a 1070 FE last month so I don't see much room for improvement but; I would like to get up to and maintain 750k ppd through the winter months.

Hmmmm.......I've not previously set any goals due to 'circumstances'. But I'm taking a little longer view for next year. I hope to add a beastly graphics card into my current rig and upgrade my PSU to accomodate it, dedicate it to folding and utilize the other card for work. Unit #2 remains a non-folder, unless I want a divorce. Unit #3 isn't worth considering at this point or any other, it's a net book. If things go really well (I run my own one-man show business-wise) I'm going to build a new rig for work & off-hours folding, dedicate the current rig to folding 100% but with a view to put the right parts in the correct boxes for max folding, and attempt the 1MM PPD, but any of this would still leave me a slacker according to Hoyle & the Team 32 stats. It will be interesting to read this a year from now.

I had some high hopes but I may be shutting down soon. Getting ready to hit the road driving a truck and since both my current systems are under water they will be off while I'm gone

Though if I can get some new cards and throw them in with some of my spare parts once my finances get in order I'll fire back up

Goals? What goals? I'm putting out more points with my 980 Ti & 1080 than I ever did with my 4P's :) I'm where I want to be :thup:

Now that I've got a month or so of folding with my 1080, my goal is to maintain this through the end of the year (will be tough, since I'm moving), but I want to try to hit the top 100 on the team this year! Should be at 20 million pts here in a week or so :)

We usually see these at the beginning of a calendar year! :)

My goal for 2017 is to get folding again!!!

Ahh, so you're building a rube goldberg folding machine? :rofl:

Not yet...that comes after I finish my Warp Coil! :thup:

Seriously though...my folding machines pull about 1.1 KW. At the $0.13 per KW/Hr electricity rate here in central Florida, this works out to be:

$3.42 per day
$24.02 per week
$104.10 per month
$1,249.25 per year

Not to mention the heat load this puts on the house A/C!

If only I could deduct the electricity cost from my taxes as a charitable contribution! :-/

So, I am not building any more rigs or adding any more graphics cards. Any upgrade will be to replace an existing graphics card.

Not yet...that comes after I finish my Warp Coil! :thup:

Seriously though...my folding machines pull about 1.1 KW. At the $0.13 per KW/Hr electricity rate here in central Florida, this works out to be:

$3.42 per day
$24.02 per week
$104.10 per month
$1,249.25 per year

Not to mention the heat load this puts on the house A/C!

If only I could deduct the electricity cost from my taxes as a charitable contribution! :-/

So, I am not building any more rigs or adding any more graphics cards. Any upgrade will be to replace an existing graphics card.

Wow! Yeah, after I got back into folding I had forgotten how painful it made the electricity bill. At least now the cards are MUCH cooler than back then. GTX 470s put off a LOT of heat! hahaha

I'm scared to calculate how much this is costing me!

We usually see these at the beginning of a calendar year! :)

My goal for 2017 is to get folding again!!!

My view is that FAH has a different year timing. Summer is death to FAH and winter is gold. So with summer fading and fall getting ready to come up, this would be the beginning of the Folding year rather than a calendar year.

Fold on Garth.

I would love to break 1 million ppd, but sadly the funds don't seem to agree with me right now. Maybe in a couple months or so...

No sorry about it. You've been moving up the ranks very well. In fact, I can actually type your user name without having to look it up any more. You've been lighting the tires and setting some fires. :burn:

Back