• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kinda BS performance of a modern system in DX9 — anybody else experience this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok i'm very curious now, if you get zero or near zero jaggies like i showed you with only 8x MSAA (possibly less haven't tried, and it will play well on yours) why are you trying out other settings like SGSSAA ? As you seen for yourself the performance hit is massive for near enough the same quality ?

hes not playing at 1080

Even @1440 MSAA 8x/4x would be more then enough unless the game is particularly bad like ME3 was, i needed MSAA4x+SGSSAA 4x to completely get rid of jaggies ?

AF is a nice visual upgrade without a big hit, if at all... (Can I even confirm so much as a couple-of-FPS drop?) Better details on farther objects...

Regarding slowness, nothing like 2xSAI... 2xSAI OTOH often causes slowdowns...

It's a not very used/known form of anti-aliasing. No idea in performance hit, but works very well in emulators. Assume OP is trying out different methods ?

I would stick with 1440p VSR and less AA if it weren't for illegible text. I need to read those journal entries and item descriptions all the time. I'm sticking with SSAA simply because the framerate is still playable and I think I can see just a little difference, so why not. I'm not sure, but I think texture surfaces and lights and water effects etc. (translucent/semi-transparent layers?) look just a little better.

Given eye-screen distance (80 cm or more), I probably don't need 8 AA, though. Might even be a bit detrimental. I think I used 2 on my previous GFX card (HD4850). So I'm open to experimenting.

Back