• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failing to OC my iGPU :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GlassWizzard

Hi, I have an i7 4770K, I'm trying to overclock my iGPU using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility but the igpu never goes above 600mhz. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :/

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sooooooooooooooooooooo, did it work from within the BIOS or.............? :)

Riddle me this... why are you trying to overclock your iGPU when you have a discrete GPU which, unless you set it otherwise, disables the iGPU?

Do you have drivers installed for the iGPU?

Last edited:
I want to experiment with my iGPU and get the most out of it, for recording video and streaming. I know I can use the CPU or the GPU but I want to know exactly what my iGPU is capable of. If possible, I would prefer to use it instead of my CPU or GPU for recording/streaming, but as things stand right now, it's just a bit too underpowered.

I don't quite know how to do it from the BIOS. But I will have a go and get back to you.

I'm sorry if this offends you, but you have a 1080 and you're opting to use the iGPU?!:bang head

Don't quote me on this, but me thinks the iGPU is locked. It's imbedded in the CPU. It will NOT overclock. I tried with mine and I got nothing.

You have a 1080. Don't bother with the iGPU.

Don't quote me on this, but me thinks the iGPU is locked. It's imbedded in the CPU. It will NOT overclock. I tried with mine and I got nothing.

You have a 1080. Don't bother with the iGPU.

You should be able to overclock the iGPU. Many boards (perhaps not all) have these options in the BIOS or their mobo's Windows based software.

I would also just record on the 1080 and play on it. Chances are dude is running at 1080 or 2560x1440 which will allow recording and Ultra settings.

I'm sorry if this offends you, but you have a 1080 and you're opting to use the iGPU?!:bang head
We went over that and he answered it before you posted and aksed again, lol... ;)

You should be able to overclock the iGPU. Many boards (perhaps not all) have these options in the BIOS or their mobo's Windows based software.

I would also just record on the 1080 and play on it. Chances are dude is running at 1080 or 2560x1440 which will allow recording and Ultra settings.

My board doesn't have that option. Even with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel software.:confused: Probably the high end boards do ( ie; Asus'). ;)

Guys, I've been looking into this, and I'm still stuck. I can't find a guide for overclocking the HD4600, neither using IXTU nor the bios. I just don't know what settings to look for/use. I'm guessing there is only a voltage and ratio setting I need to play with?

Back