• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing video for FX 6350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ramzess5

Registered
Hi!
I want to change my old GPU HD 6950.

My system:
AMD FX 6350 (4.2 Ghz)
Zalman CNPS10X Optima
ASRock 970 Extreame 4
12GB DDRIII Kingston
HIS 6950 IceQ X Turbo 2GB
SeaSonic 650HT
Zalman Z9 plus
Philips 232E - 1920x1080

What do you recommend for gaming?

:welcome:

You left out two important pieces of information that will aid us in helping you pick the right card.
Budget?
Intended use? You mentioned "gaming" but what games? Solitaire is a game. ;)

If cost is no object, the Nvidia 1080 is a very good buy but at over $600, it may be more than you want to spend. AMD has their 480 which hits a good price point at just over $200 but maybe that's not what you're looking for.

:welcome:

You left out two important pieces of information that will aid us in helping you pick the right card.
Budget?
Intended use? You mentioned "gaming" but what games? Solitaire is a game. ;)

If cost is no object, the Nvidia 1080 is a very good buy but at over $600, it may be more than you want to spend. AMD has their 480 which hits a good price point at just over $200 but maybe that's not what you're looking for.

Budget $200 - $250
Games: NFS 2016, Dying Light, GTA V, BF4. And of course BF1 :)
for my processor is a lot GTX1080 :)

My quick review of 1060 vs 480 has them really close and this is confirmed by the price of each. Around $250- $260. There appears to be a slight edge to the 1060 over the 480 but you won't be sorry with either one.

Seconded, 1060 or Rx 480. I'd go 1060 myself, not that I have anything against AMD, but the product seems more polished this time, and a bit ahead performance wise.

thanks to all
It's all good, but not weak processor for these GPU?
they say that it is a maximum of 380 r9 \ gtx 960, and then not always.

Last edited:
I think that your question is about moving the bottle neck to the CPU. I don't think that you will have much of a problem that way at all.

Back