• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone play Bloodborne?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff G

Games to play?

I've got a PS4 sitting here with no games. Contemplating picking up Bloodborne due to a growing boredom with No Man's Sky. I still haven't finished The Last of Us (and have a pile of unplayed PS3 games to get through), so I'm wondering if Bloodborne is worth grabbing now that's its dropped way down in price or just finish up TLoU and No Man's Sky and skip it?

Last edited:
I've never played any of them before.
I don't have a particular "style" of game I like, I play a little of everything. The dark, complex look of it is what drew me in though.

It may be worth watching some gameplay or reading some reviews prior to picking it up. The Dark Souls games (as well as Bloodborne) are both considering to be quite difficult with a lot of trial and error and some weird systems that aren't explained especially well. The From Software games are definitely not for everyone, I tried playing some of Dark Souls and the gameplay/mechanics/etc didn't grab me.

Watched a few reviews. Everyone seems to rave about how good it is, but the gameplay didnt look all that impressive.
Either way, it wasn't in stock when I went to the store so it looks like I'll pass for now.
I guess I'll finally finish The Last of Us.
They did have the FFX remaster for PS4 for $11.
I had it in my hand and forced myself to put it back (I really should finish the games I have before buying ones I already own in PS2).

Maybe consider Redbox to see if you like it. I imagine most reviewers are familiar/fans of the From Software games and their systems.

They did have the FFX remaster for PS4 for $11.
I had it in my hand and forced myself to put it back (I really should finish the games I have before buying ones I already own in PS2).

Man, you justremind me I have this one sitting on my PC for a couple of months, played a couple of hours and forgot about it!

It is a real FF! Will dive back into it tonight!

Man, you justremind me I have this one sitting on my PC for a couple of months, played a couple of hours and forgot about it!

It is a real FF! Will dive back into it tonight!

Ive played all of them so far except the mmorpg ones. 10 was one of my favorites (although I've yet to play one I haven't liked).
I'm not sure how I feel about 15, I'm hoping it'll be good.

Well, I'm kinda glad I didn't pick up another game.
It forced me to boot up The Last of Us again, and I realized I wasn't as far into it as I though (58% complete according to the game).
I really forgot how good this game is, I ended up staying up playing it waaay later than I should have. It was a rough morning when the alarm went off at 5am.

I've officially finished The Last of Us. Great game all the way through.
Now, time to move on to something else. Suggestions?
I'll probably pick up FFXV in December, so I don't want to get in to anything that's going to take 200+ hours to complete.
I've considered giving the new Doom a try, looks pretty good.
I also never played Alien: Isolation or The Evil Within, but I've heard good things. Anyone play these?
I thought about playing Witcher 3, but I'm guessing that's another 200 hour game.
Also looking at the new Gears of War game, looks like it could be pretty good (only played the first one).

So, what would everyone suggest? Games I do not play are sports games like Madden, racing games like Forza, or online run-around-like-a-chicken-with-your-head-cut-off type of games like CoD or Battlefield. Anything else I'll look at?

If you're interested in the new Doom then I say get it. It has received incredible reviews across the board. The new Gears is supposed to be a good refresh of the series, so if that interests you then it wouldn't be a bad choice either. Witcher3 is indeed a long game, so if you want to avoid that I'd steer clear. Alien: Isolation is supposed to be quite good if you are into suspenseful horror type games as I understand it.

You could look at the Uncharted Collection/Uncharted 4 if those games pique your interests (made by the same folks [Naughty Dog] that made Last of Us)

You could look at the Uncharted Collection/Uncharted 4 if those games pique your interests (made by the same folks [Naughty Dog] that made Last of Us)

Have you played Uncharted 4 (or any of them)? I tried playing the original and couldn't get in to it. The control gimmicks were just too annoying. I'm wondering how important it is to play the first three before number four?

I also have the first three Mass Effect games that I never got around to playing. I've heard they're on the short side too, so I may give them a try.

Forgot about the new Tomb Raider too, might look in to that as well. I think I'll try Doom out first, if it's not my cup of tea (haven't played any of them but the original) I'll probably try either The Evil Within (since I already have it) or Tomb Raider.

I was going to say the Dead Space series but apparently not available on Sony systems. :(

I'm not limited to Sony systems, I was just looking for something to get my dormant PS4 up and moving. And it looks like all three Dead Space games were available on the PS3.

Gave the new Doom a try. While I only got an hour of play time in, so far it's pretty good. I do have a feeling this will be a pretty short game though, it feels like you blow through the levels pretty quickly. But, lots of fun weapons to blow away hordes of demons!
I also had Portal 2 laying around and decided to put it on my HTPC to see how the G4500 (integrated HD 530 graphics) handled it. The answer is that it handled it perfectly at 1080p on the big screen! I forgot how fast that game sucks you in!

Gave the new Doom a try. While I only got an hour of play time in, so far it's pretty good. I do have a feeling this will be a pretty short game though, it feels like you blow through the levels pretty quickly. But, lots of fun weapons to blow away hordes of demons!
I also had Portal 2 laying around and decided to put it on my HTPC to see how the G4500 (integrated HD 530 graphics) handled it. The answer is that it handled it perfectly at 1080p on the big screen! I forgot how fast that game sucks you in!

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2708

looks like about 11.5 hours for just doing the main storyline and not doing any extras. seems to be a decent value to me based on the sales that it has been around $30 pretty consistently since release.

Back