• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you inject PCI or PCIe RAID card drivers into Hard Drive diagnostic for DOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
I have a Skylake motherboard which has no IDE mode, so you have two options, AHCI or RAID. There is no IDE option. This makes it impossible for drives to be seen from a hard drive diagnostic / repair program run from DOS like Seagate Seatools.

Is there a way to inject a PCI or PCIe RAID card driver into Seatools so drives connected to the card can be seen from Seatools for DOS?

Of course I can see the drives from Windows but as may be common knowledge, sometimes you need to run these tools from DOS - not Windows - to repair certain drives.

some cards might come with a program to do this be it something that is on cd or one you burn to cd/dvd/memory stick. some cards have it built in to the card, when you go setting up whether to run raid 1-10 ect. DOS was never something that had drivers for things like that, if their was a raid setup for dos. all that kind of work would have been handled by the card back in the day due to the limitations of the OS. tbh i dont every recall any raid cards that ran in dos, linux thats a different story.

but yea in short, seatools wont work on a raid card in dos. i mean like you booted into dos not windows+dos window. you would more then likely need to unplug the drive from the raid card. then run seatools with it plugged into a motherboard sata port, then plug it back into the raid card after running seatools.

Back