• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB DDR4-3200 CL16 - CMU16GX4M2C3200C16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Recently I had no chance to test Corsair memory so when I had to buy additional kit for home PC then I decided to check one of the new Vengeance LED kits. I've picked 2x8GB 3200 CL16 kit with white LEDs which you can find under the CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 product number.

Memory comes in small box as we are used to see in most memory series. There is nothing additional like stickers, only two memory modules but we don't need anything else.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Tested Vengeance LED kit has one XMP profile which is working without issues on ASRock Z170 OC Formula. Memory is based on lower density Samsung IC so about the same as we could see in older DDR4 kits. 8GB modules are dual rank / double sided. Some of the overclockers already know there are better memory kits for competitive benchmarking but I guess that gamers or modders are still interested in this memory, not only because of LEDs.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Overclocking Results

3466 16-17-17-35 1.35V

3600 17-18-18-36 1.35V

3733 16-18-18-36 1.45V

For now that's all. I will try to add some more results when I find some more time but in general it won't be much better. It's memory based on lower density IC which is not overclocking as good as new series. It's quite weird that Corsair is mixing IC while competition has already moved to new IC in generally all enthusiast memory series. Quite relaxed timings of 16-18-18 or 15-17-17 in lower clocked kits are also not helping to figure out what IC is under the heatsinks. Revision number is saying only what IC manufacturer was used.
On the other hand even if this memory can't run at much tighter timings or higher clock then at least it's dual rank which in some applications is faster than single rank. Not many tests are showing that but in in HyperPi 32M there is some difference.

Hi Woomack! Thanks for using Thaiphoon Burner software for reading and displaying SPD information. The latest Thaiphoon Burner 9.9.0.0 is capable of determining Part Number of DRAM chips being used on Corsair memory modules. But, since Corsair never programs "DRAM Revision" in SPD, the program can't determine the Part Number in full.

Thanks for the info. With current IC all that I need is IC manufacturer and then if modules are single or dual rank ... and all is clear :)
Tbh I thought this kit will be on single rank Samsung. Dual rank has some advantages but higher frequency is helping more. I'm not complaining as not many dual rank 8GB sticks can make 3600 so easily. I only wish they run at tighter timings.
This kit is actually running in my gaming pc right now.

It's not static light ( they call it vibrant LED ) and the same as on some Avexir kits or some other brands LEDs are sometimes switching in different speed on each memory slot. Better if you look at Corsair's photos even though there LEDs are brighter than in real. I couldn't make any good photo which would show real light.

Hi Woomack, very good presentation of your memory and very useful overclocking work. Given that I have 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 dimms from about the same dates as yours I tested today your timings and they all seem to work fine in my Asus Z170i PRO more or less proving that the modules have the same chips inside, so I have now to decide which timings to use for daily work. By the way, I also tested 3200 @ 15 16 16 34 and it works fine.

Back