• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello Forum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxQ

Hi, my name is maxQ.
I'm here because I have found this forum to most helpful in my overclocking adventures. I am previously a console user, but consoles left me sorely burned due to a lack of ability.
So I decided to build my own computer and see just what I may have been missing. Sadly, I have been missing a lot, and by a lot, I mean I've grown to love this computer. I've never been so enthralled by a piece of hardware. I built this computer to play games, but somehow got caught up in the performance aspect. Getting the most (and more) out of my system has become somewhat of an obsession of mine. I'm addicted to overclocking. This as become a passion I never saw coming. I've spent days tweaking settings, benching, and tweaking again.
I am here to say hello, but also to introduce myself as a person with many questions. Please forgive me if any of my questions are basic and lacking insight, but that's why I'm here. I have many questions prepared for the community, but at this point, I am slightly nervous to post them and display my lack of understanding.
With that said, Hello community, be expecting silly questions from this one.

Hi max welcome to the forums.

There is a thread here for new member introductions.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/491697-New-Member-Welcome-Mat-!

If you are interested in benchmarking, you can start reading through the benchmarking team threads.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/124-Competitive-Benchmarking-Team

Don't be afraid to ask questions. We have all been there at one time or another and there is probably a dozen people out there wondering the same thing as you that are afraid to ask the question.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

-lochekey

Welcome to OCF! And yes, we understand your addiction. :) The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask right before the explosion. A lot of knowledgeable folks here but nobody knows everything. Some of the smartest people I know of still ask questions here, so ask away.

Hello and Welcome!
Dont be afraid of asking questions! People here are really friendly so dont be afraid of getting roasted or laughed at, Everyone is learning new stuff here everyday and its really fun and helpful to have people with questions and answers here!

Back