• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua IPPC fans and Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sand dan Glokta

Registered
Hey guys I have a question I can't really find the answer for anywhere else.

In my upcoming build I'm going to be using 6 Noctua IPPC fans. 5x Noctua NFA14 IPPC 2000 PWM and 1X Noctua NFA12 IPPC 2000 PWM.

I prefer to have a manual fan controller to control the fans as opposed to the motherboard. My question is, Will there be any issues running these fans off of the NZXT Sentry mix 2?

Thanks

- Sand dan Glokta

Last edited:
"I prefer to have a manual fan controller to control the fans as opposed to the motherboard"

Why would you do this to yourself?

Why not? I also haven't decided on a motherboard yet, so I can't say if the motherboard I choose will have good fan tuning.

Most boards have fairly detailed automated fan control built into UEFI. Really the hardest part is booting into the OS to test and make sure that the profile you create suits temperature rise and fall adequately. I can also set it to max the fans out at any given temperature, so if you wanted it completely silent unless absolutely necessary, that's also easily done.

Most boards have fairly detailed automated fan control built into UEFI. Really the hardest part is booting into the OS to test and make sure that the profile you create suits temperature rise and fall adequately. I can also set it to max the fans out at any given temperature, so if you wanted it completely silent unless absolutely necessary, that's also easily done.

After doing more research I decided to ditch the fan controller and stick to using the motherboard for fan configurations. I'm going to be using a ROG board which has one of, if not the best fan tuning software. I appreciate your comment though. :D

Back