• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange "white" line on monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sydo

Hello guys.

So the other day I noticed this strange line on the monitor, it is visible everywhere, movies, games, browsing. Not showing up in screenshots. Not showing on black backgrounds either.

Wondering if it's the monitor or gpu, anyone had anything similiar? Is therea fix, or contact Dell for a replacement monitor?

Edit: The monitor is a Dell 27 S2716DG

Last edited:
Hey there, I know this is an old post, but I am having this EXACT same issue on the same monitor right now. This is really frustrating because I just bought a gtx 1080 especially for this monitor and now it has this line on the top of the screen. Did you happen to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like LCD image burn in to me. You get those lines from the top edge of a window that is static for a long time. Usually leaving the monitor off for a while or having a different image up will help the pixels reset. Here is a typical help piece:

http://www.techhive.com/article/314...t-rid-of-image-burn-in-on-an-lcd-display.html

I'm surprised nobody came up with this before, as the pics are dead on typical, and the fact they don't show up in screenshots shows they are entirely in the monitor.

Upshot if you don't want to follow the links. If your computer is idle a lot, use alternating solid white and solid black images in your screen saver on very short flip over times. If you computer is not idle, use those images on your desktop wallpaper with the slideshow feature on, and don't leave any windows in the same spot over an extended period of time.

Back