• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smallest mITX case for OC 6700K with GTX 1080?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, tnx, will take the Cooler Master then or probably wait for the Silverstone RVZ02 which arrives in Norway on the 13th, assuming that it's good with a 1080 and 6700K.

Either should work fine. Just make sure to get the best fans you can to move air. mITX cases always seem to run hotter than the ATX cases.

I just did a mitx build with a 6700k and full size gtx 980 in a corsair 250D cube. Plenty of space in the cube and was able to put a 200mm fan in front to move a lot of air with low noise.

Might be worth a look for your needs.

The 250D is just a tiny bit too large it seems, but it's tempting, though I will probably take the RVZ02. Thanks for help and advice! Really appreciate it :)

I like the looks of the RVZ02. I don't like that there aren't any exhaust fans but the thing has so many vent holes and they are located right above where CPU and GPU fans will be could make that a moot point. I think I would still go with the blower style GPU just to assist it and program fan curves for when it starts to warm up.

Hmm, well, without exhaust fans it's at least less likely that the postal service will mess up the case during transportation. Trusting the Norwegian postal service is like kicking a computer down the stairs and hoping it will be okay. Perhaps I'm exaggerating now but they deserve it after the emotional trauma they inflicted on me the last time I opened a package from them and saw the carnage inside. Still struggling with Postal Trauma Stress Disorder after that. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit now too, but they deserve it.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=503&area=en
This one is similar to Raven inside but is much cheaper ( at least in Poland and I know they get it from Germany ). Lower price is caused by external looks which isn't so great but if you move your pc then it won't matter much. I just ordered one with an idea to put there my ITX mobo +6600K and maybe RX480 ( it's generating a lot of heat but want to try anyway ). I will think how to modify it as I don't like couple of things but price is much lower than any other similar case.

Hi, I built a few weeks ago an ITX 6700K based system using the sharkoon C10 case. Quite compact and I've been able to configure good airflow, and even fit inside (although with a few case modifications) a Noctua HS-C14S cooler with which I am happily overclocking the CPU to 4.6Ghz. It also has got a 950 Nvme drive, a 3TB WD black, optical drive, 550watt P/S, and an asus GTX1060 dual graphics card (it will fit 1070s and 1080s without problem though). It uses the asus Z170i pro gaming motherboard and corsair 3200 DDR4 RAM.
Depending on your idea this system may fit more or less the requirements....

I put [email protected] ( almost the same as 6700K ), Gigabyte GTX1070 FE, 450W Gold 90+ PSU and SSD into the case mentioned in last post. Photos are here if anyone missed the thread http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775870-White-Silverstone-Milo

I like Sharkoon C10 but I was checking other case with about the same space near GPU and I wasn't satisifed about graphics card's noise and temps ( and it was only GTX960 ). One more pcie slot space would be perfect ... or some mods in side panel.

Back