• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want Andriod Nougat 7.0 installed on your PC anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No clue... just the messenger and figured I would share. I have not done this.

Its got a mouse pointer but I think a person might like to have a touch screen for this one. I gave it 4gb of ram and 2 cores in a VM and Im not real impressed with performance. I guess Im not real sure as to the cause though, whether it be my hardware, my settings, or perhaps the OS is just immature. I tried 2 different settings for the VM - 1 as "Linux, Other Linux (64-bit)" and 1 as "Other , Other/Unknown 64-bit" . I got much better results with the second try.... come to think of it, maybe it is x32 ? Ill go make another VM and report back if I get better results....

Edit: I knew it wasnt but checked just to be certain. 64bit OS :D

Last edited:
I installed it on my Raspberry Pi 3 over the weekend and it left me unimpressed. The build I installed was extremely buggy, the Settings app kept crashing anytime I tried to do anything and the browser was a bug-filled mess. Hopefully it improves as I'd like to mess with it some more. It wasn't terribly slow on the Pi 3 from what I could do with it but the build seemed to be quite broken.

14238371_10154477547392152_1758453977657004944_n.jpg

I installed it on my Raspberry Pi 3 over the weekend and it left me unimpressed. The build I installed was extremely buggy, the Settings app kept crashing anytime I tried to do anything and the browser was a bug-filled mess. Hopefully it improves as I'd like to mess with it some more. It wasn't terribly slow on the Pi 3 from what I could do with it but the build seemed to be quite broken.

View attachment 183107

I still haven't gotten it to work well (haven't tried a lot really) but I don't know if you will on a pi3? If you are using the one from the OP... a R-pi can't run x86 OS right? I could be wrong of course, which is why I ask. Confirmation from an owner of the beast is better than remembered reading from months ago or doing my own research :)

I still haven't gotten it to work well (haven't tried a lot really) but I don't know if you will on a pi3? If you are using the one from the OP... a R-pi can't run x86 OS right? I could be wrong of course, which is why I ask. Confirmation from an owner of the beast is better than remembered reading from months ago or doing my own research :)

No I was using an ARM build for the Pi 3 that I found online here and it seems to run a decent speed from the little I could do with it. I would like to try the x86 version in a VM if possible just to test it out. Some things I saw from the build I ran on the Pi is that it didn't have the typical "home row" of icons that Android has, I couldn't find any way to go back to the main home screen. About the only thing I could do was to get the notification bar to come up and to load the Settings app which subsequently crashed every time I tried to do anything. I'd probably be more impressed if I could play around with a functional install. :)

Any success with previous android versions? Just curious. Suffice to say my install is quite buggy as well, but I was willing to blame hardware and user error until your post. I haven't written user error off entirely, but it seems likely that android might want to stay on Android devices

Any success with previous android versions? Just curious. Suffice to say my install is quite buggy as well, but I was willing to blame hardware and user error until your post. I haven't written user error off entirely, but it seems likely that android might want to stay on Android devices

I'll let you know, I should have time to play with it this weekend. I want to try Android on it so I can give Rosetta@Home a try.

Back