• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Mastercase 5 Custom Case Mod & PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is some attention to detail! I want to build a monster with at least 3 computers inside (win, unix, fw). Add a router, modem, nas, ups inside, and when I turn it on, both OS's open on separate monitors. Dream on...

Thanks for tuning in guys! almost to finish line, just need DDR, SSDs, and Power Supply

Dressing up the 120mm Typhoon GT fan with machined overkill grill with Blue anodized washers for M3 screws, http://mnpctech.com/screws-anodized...-gold-ek-alphacool-hardwarelabs-corsair-xspc/

anodized-blue-screws-pc-alphacool-ek-radiator-mnpctech.jpg

120mm machined aluminum Overkill Ring fan grill, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-cooling-fans-grills-custom/

coolermaster-corsair-pc-cooling-custom-fan-grill-mnpctech1.jpg

coolermaster-corsair-pc-cooling-custom-fan-grill-mnpctech2.jpg

coolermaster-corsair-pc-cooling-custom-fan-grill-mnpctech3.jpg

coolermaster-corsair-pc-cooling-custom-fan-grill-mnpctech4.jpg

coolermaster-corsair-pc-cooling-custom-fan-grill-mnpctech5.jpg

Thank you for checking in and commenting! ....almost near finish line, just need SSDs and PSU, next

On Saturday I received my DDR sticks, 32GB of Corsair Vengeance. The sticks were Black, so I hit local home improvement store and found a great aerosol substitute paint for the Porsche Gulf Racing Blue, it's Harbor Blue enamel paint by Rustoleum. I'm using these to create a DIY video guide to painting DDR heat spreaders, too!

take-apart-corsair-ddr-heat-spreader-paint-memory-module-guide-TWO.jpg

take-apart-corsair-ddr-heat-spreader-paint-memory-module-guide-THREE.jpg

Thank you don!

I recently scored EK water block for the Gigabyte OC force motherboard from daz at dazmode. It directly cools Intel Z87 southbridge (PCH), PLX PEX 8474 PCIe lane splitter as well as power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module. This will also compliment the stainless steel liquid lines nicely.

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block2.jpg

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block1.jpg

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_force_cooler_master_EK_block3.jpg

I've been bending the tubing and learning the ways of the Stainless Jedi. I love the look of stainless steel. It echos the fuel and brake lines on race cars, but has it's own learning curve. In retrospect, the scale of PC chassis is just too small for the 1-1/2" bends you get with the SS bending mandrels I've found.. Suppose I could go thicker wall and make custom mandrel, but I'll try 3/8" OD instead of 1/2" OD next time.

Specs: Stainless T-304/304L, Seamless Tube, 0.5" x 0.035" x 0.43"

buy_stainless_steel_tube_pc_liquid_water_cooling_mnpctech9d.jpg

buy_stainless_steel_tube_pc_liquid_water_cooling_mnpctech9a.jpg

buy_stainless_steel_tube_pc_liquid_water_cooling_mnpctech9b.jpg

Thank you sporktar, love the glow effect in your avatar!

Painted the Koolance GTX 980 blocks, bridges, and back plates the Porsche 917 GULF Racing Blue.

Dismantled blocks
koolance-video-card-waterblock-GTX-980-1070-1080-1.jpg

Primer coat
koolance-video-card-waterblock-GTX-980-1070-1080-2.jpg

Water block Bridge
koolance-video-card-waterblock-GTX-980-1070-1080-3.jpg

GULF Racing Livery Factory Blue Paint
gulf-porsche-917-blue-paint-code-PPG.jpg

Koolance GTX 980 waterblocks with final coat
koolance-video-card-waterblock-GTX-980-1070-1080.jpg

GPU and motherboard cables will be sleeved in Burnt Orange paracord from Ensourced, I'll be making billet combs for them, http://mnpctech.com/buy-stealth-cable-combs-for-pcs/

cable-comb-PC-billet-metal-aluminum-handmade-single-individual-sleeve-2.jpg

cable-comb-PC-billet-metal-aluminum-handmade-single-individual-sleeve-3.jpg

cable-comb-PC-billet-metal-aluminum-handmade-single-individual-sleeve-4.jpg

Do you know what brand the stainless tube is? We use Swagelok a lot at work.

@Don, Thank you for checking it out!

@ATM, no brand, generic 0.5" OD x 0.035" Wall T-304 Seamless Stainless Tube

I decided to check out the custom paracord sleeved cables from Ensourced and can see the appeal why people love paracard! Very impressed with their quality and price. I thought I'd go with a color that accents the Stainless Tubing, so I bought these three variations of Grey.... Hmmm

ensourced-paracoard-individually-sleeved-cable-extensions-smoked-grey.jpg

8 pin GPU Paracord individually sleeved cable in "Smoked Grey"

ensourced-paracoard-individually-sleeved-cable-extensions-charcoal-grey.jpg

"Charcoal Grey" paracord

ensourced-paracoard-individually-sleeved-cable-extensions-graphite-grey.jpg

"Graphite Grey" paracord

Thank you!! Finally back from other commitments and*got to fill the loop last night for leak testing. Only remaining items on*to-do-list are*connecting all of the cables,*installing SSD and Operating System.

buy-squeeze-bottle-PC-water-coolant-liquid-solvent-2.jpg

Thank you! Finally! Back at the workbench for own time on my own PC, so I created a PSU shroud for my Cooler Master Mastercase 5 build. It's made from 1/8" thick cast acrylic with embedded magnets I found on ebay, I drilled holes and glued on two legs with weld-on acrylic cement for easy on/off installation. Next step is painting the shroud gulf racing blue and draping over the orange stripe onto the shroud.

cooler-master-mastercase-5-pro-psu-cover-shroud-mnpctech-one.jpg

cooler-master-mastercase-5-pro-psu-cover-shroud-mnpctech-two.jpg

cooler-master-mastercase-5-pro-psu-cover-shroud-mnpctech-three.jpg

cooler-master-mastercase-5-pro-psu-cover-shroud-mnpctech-four.jpg

Thank you for kind post! Slow progress is better than no progress.. ha! Found time this week to get the Mastercase PSU shroud painted to match the chassis. Here is the plate with and without the gulk racing stripe and just after applying the gloss clear coat

buy-cooler-master-mastercase-psu-cover-shroud-mnpctech.jpg

gulf-racing-paint-color-mnpctech.jpg

Well if you want to make some more of those cable combs i will buy some. Real talk. I have the z170 Deluxe Motherboard and I'm taking the white plates off the Chipset and Vrm so it'll be that brushed Aluminum/Stainless look. And with my Dominator Ram those would look so Awesome. But I love what you're doing, I wish I had patience like that. On my next build maybe I will since I will have this to play with while I build.

Ha. Sorry man I just saw the link you posted. Thank you that is awesome.

Ohhh nice, Thank you!

I worked on my SLI bridge mod over the weekend. Replace green nvidia logo with transparent orange acrylic window, I'm looking for GULF pin to mount over the LED, so it's illuminated from behind. Here is some of the progress photos

take-apart-replace-led-color-nvidia-SLI-bridge-2-3-4-way-mnpctech.jpg

take-apart-nvidia-SLI-bridge-2-3-4-way-mnpctech.jpg

paint-mod-SLI-bridge-gulf-racing-paint.jpg

nvidia-paint-mod-SLI-bridge-gulf-porsche-lemans-racing-paint.jpg

install-guide-nvidia-SLI-bridge-.jpg

EEL Ambiense & Noobas4rus got me really interested in customizing mech keyboards after we did this Keyboard Modding Hangout

magicforce-mechanical-keyboard-change-key-caps-keycaps-one.jpg

EEL suggested a good mech KB that allowed custom keycaps for my Mastercase Racing 5 gaming PC setup, I've given my Qisan Magicforce "Blue ICE Crystal" 108-Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard custom keycaps that compliment my GULF RACING Porsche 917 theme.

The Magicforce Mechanical keyboard utilizes GATERON black key switches. It's really nice deal for $69.99, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGDKJK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Porsche-917-GULF-RACING-Mech-Keyboard-Caps-Mods-Mnpctech-one.jpg

EEL helped me with the layout for the gulf racing theme custom key cap order, $53.75 shipped from from WASD, http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

magicforce-mechanical-keyboard-change-key-caps-keycaps-gulf-racing-porsche.jpg

Shift key was replaced with STICK SHIFT,
Escape = PIT
Backspace key = PADDOCK
Windows key = GULF OIL logo
Function key is number 5, for Mastercase 5 racing.

magicforce-mechanical-keyboard-change-key-caps-keycaps-gulf-racing-porsche-one.jpg

magicforce-mechanical-keyboard-change-key-caps-keycaps-gulf-racing-porsche-two.jpg

Back