• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta@home on ARM-based single-board computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Has anybody dabbled in this? I've seen from threads that there is a version of BOINC for Linux on ARM. SETI@home and Einstein@home are projects that people can run, but I can't find any information on running Rosetta@home. Obviously the 1st gen Raspberry Pi would be a waste of resources to do distributed computing on, but the Pi 2 and Pi 3 have much more powerful quad-core ARM7 chips relative to the first Pi's anemic CPU. With the minimal power draw of these single-board computers perhaps it might be worthwhile getting them to do distributed computing while they're sitting idle on the network. Has anybody on our team tried?

Based on what I've seen from searching the Rosey client is only available in BOINC for Android. I tried it on my Android phone while plugged in and screen off but it doesn't appear to be getting any tasks after a week of running. Can anyone else confirm? I have some Pi 2s arriving soon, I'll try installing Android on those and give them a shot, maybe I'll have a better success with them.

Back