• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi H81M-P33

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzs13

Hi,

I need to hook up a Sata Dvdrom by Hitachi LG. Model number GT60N. It has propietary power molex by dell. I pull it from a dell AIO machine. So anyways long story short. I need to find a 5v 1.8amp point on the mother board to solder the wires to. I just temporarily want to run linux on live cd. Other than that I never need a dvd/cd rom.

Thanks.

Thanks. but I'll just use a old usb cable. and that way I could tap into my usb 3.0 port provided my usb 3.0 provides battery charging current

- - - Updated - - -

I dont have anymore usb drives and need it asap

Cut the proprietary connector off the Dell DVD drive and strip back the insulation from the red and black wires to expose some bare wire. Cram the bare wire ends into the open ends of the pins on an IDE PSU male molex connector. Black and red are the two colors you need for 5v.

Attachments

• Molex.JPG
    Molex.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 48
Back